TV show thread (2013-2022)

This is another Coriander moment, … isn’t it? :thinking:

Waaaaaat

Get him - @dingus @Jezz @Paul_Peos @ivan

4 Likes

It’s SO lame.

“Evil Corp”?

Christian freaking Slater?

Blonde girl and her boyfriend have high ranking jobs at a cyber security company but are complete and utter bone head dummies? How did they get those jobs if they’re flat out incompetent?!

And then this show has the nerve to make a meta joke about how hacker culture isn’t accurately represented in media.

Sheesh.

The problem is clearly you.

Your credibility is now at 2016 off-season Jayden Laverde levels.

4 Likes

You need to keep going past 3 episodes. It gets better and more mind twisting.

1 Like

The problem is that it doesn’t have enough D grade superheroes / Hutchy in it

The core characters are unlikeable and find themselves in situations that make no sense for those particular characters.

I’m almost intrigued to know how they write themselves out of that.

I’m sure you’ve read that a big part of the show, is it’s “about reality”.

The jarring bits your referring to are deliberately so. Their the Easter eggs and headfarks for later on.

I loved the main character though. So if you don’t like him, it would be a chore.

1 Like

I’m starting to question Riolio’s suitability to run this forum.

4 Likes

I’m a Mr Robot fan. I nearly gave up on it during Season 2 but am glad I held on because Season 3 was brilliant. Some great characters (Whiterose) and great twists. But the best thing about the show is it’s depiction of mental illness.

1 Like

Second best thing, behind Wellicks hot wife

2 Likes

I’m starting to feel more sure of it.

3 Likes

Riolio’s core character is unlikeable and he finds himself in situations that make no sense for those posters around him.

I’m almost intrigued to know how those posters write themselves out of being WRONG.

3 Likes

Evil corp was certainly using initially because it immediately made it feel hammy but once you get into the swing of just trying to work out wtf is going on it awesome.

Elliott grated a little too intially but I really warmed to him by the end of season one.

stick with it rolo

1 Like

You’re an Apple fanboi though. This show is literally written about you.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. KIKL TGE DISSENTERS

Booo!
The filming is exceptional. The structure is poetic. The characters are iffy but familiar to the creator. Everything has a meaning a purpose it’s interesting and intense.

See if you can get captions, I found it hard to understand exactly what was said at times, Tom Hardy mumbles a lot.
I found captions helped on The Terror too, must be something to do with these gothic English shows, they both had a similar look

1 Like

Taboo is set in the Regency period, the same time as the Jane Austen novels. Talk about worlds apart.

August 19th :smiley:

5 Likes