TV show thread (2013-2022)

Day off. Feeling like ar$e. Bed. Snack Chocolate. Red fizzy. Tomato sauce chips.
New series of Better call Saul.
Yay.

2 Likes

I had no idea there was an Australian version of Drunk History. What channel and when?

Channel 10 Pilot Week thingo. Up on Tenplay at the moment. Had Stephen Curry doing Ned Kelly and Rhys Darby doing Phar Lap.

I’m just watching Spooks (series 4 episode 3) screened in 2005, which seems remarkably prescient regarding the rise of the Brexiteers, Trumpites and Duttonites, who preach total xenophobia.

Have you considered that your diet might be why you’re sick?!

1 Like
4 Likes

There’s a link with ingrown toenails?

2 Likes

Just finished watching Season 3 of The Expanse. Another great season, really love the show. Second half of the season felt rushed, probably coz they wanted to wrap up the third book before the show got cancelled by SyFy. Luckily Amazon have picked it up for Season 4, can’t wait!

2 Likes

A Very English Scandal, about Jeremy Thorpe and his scandal with Norman Scott, starts next Tuesday on Foxtel.

Thorpe, played by Hugh Grant, was the leader of the English “third party”, the Liberals, in the 70s. Married to Patricia Hodge (Miss Trant from Rumpole), she was just a beard and he was having affairs with men, one of whom was Norman Scott (Ben Whishaw, the latest Q in Bond), who tried to blackmail him, so Thorpe wanted him killed, and a trial ensued.

First time I’d ever heard the term pillow-biter as Scott said he just bit into the pillow and cried during sex.

Also, why was Jeremy Thorpe like William the Conqueror?
A…they were both ■■■■■■■ Normans.

Enjoyed the first season, not so much the second.

What’s the best recent comedy at the moment?

Past few weeks I’ve binge watched Superstore, A P Bio and Angie Tribecca.

Have you seen Happy? I watched this on Qantas and got hooked. Awesome

Is that with the lil character?

Has anyone watched Man in the High Castle? Worth it? I like the premise

1 Like

tried to ages ago and didn’t get hooked at all. only lasted half an episode.

1 Like

Unfortunately the premise is the best bit.

It’s ok, good themes but acting and characters are flimsy.

Only watched first season it may have gotten better.

1 Like

Yup and Stabler from SVU. Awesome, it’s brutal.

Gearing up to watch the very last episode The Leftovers tonight, really have loved this series and some great acting especially from Justin Theroux.

1 Like

You’ve lived a sheltered life, Noonan…

I was about 20 at the time. This was way back in the 70s, when you were in primary school.

1 Like