TV show thread (2013-2022)

Completely agree the premise is amazing but rest not so good. Also the tape thing is yet to make any real sense despite having watched two seasons. The second season introduces a different space where some where normality is restored, ie Yanks won.

I quite like this show, worth watching IMO. I enjoyed it more than Westworld. It definitely gets better in the second season.

1 Like

Let us know what you think about the ending.

I had chucked the Leftovers in, thinking it was another Lost thing that would never end & string you along like a fool forever.

Hearing they wound it up after 3 seasons, I re engaged and are now nearing the end of Season 1.

Season 2 is close to my all-time favourite season of television.

2 Likes

For those who want to see a great acting talent showcase, checkout Feud: Bette and Joan. Really enjoyable miniseries to watch.

I’ll have to check out Leftovers then.

Speaking of great shows, I highly recommend Halt and Catch Fire. That series is a little gem that goes from strength to strength.

You have to persist through it, Season 1 is a bit ordinary but gets better after that and Season 3 and 4 are where it really shines. Season 4 is one of my all time favorite seasons.

Agreed on both Feud and Halt, very good tv

Think I need more time to get my head around it all! After watching it I’m pretty much replaying the whole series over in my head trying to figure it all out… but really loved the whole show, you’re right, series 2 is right up there with the best

1 Like

Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Season 13 trailer has dropped.

3 Likes

Life In Pieces

1 Like

How’s the body transformation of Mac from a few seasons ago.

It’s De Niro like. Gone from around 15% body fat, to near 30 back down to what looks like 12%???

All for what? comedy!

As mental as the show.

1 Like

Agree

Just got the Tom Clancy Jack Ryan series. Anyone seen it yet?
Also got Its always sunny and Mayan first eps so I got something to keep me occupied for a while.

Yep, watched the first 4 episodes of it,. Not bad, but Condor is a better watch for mine. Never rolled my eyes once at an obvious plot device, or magical main character escape through that, but have done so a few times already with JR. Still enjoying it though.

1 Like

One to keep your eyes out for @Alan_Noonan_10 and any other Line of Duty fans out there - the creator, Jed Mercurio’s new show Bodyguard has recently premiered in the UK and has apparently become the most watched new drama there in over a decade. The new show features LoD alum Keeley Hawes and Game of Thrones’s Richard Madden as the leads.

No Australian premiere date is know as yet (or for that matter who has the rights to it).

I missed Spooks 10 years ago and halfway through. Plenty of familiar faces in that including Keeley Hawes and Matthew McFadyen, where they hooked up IRL. Nicola Walker was a perennial, now in Unforgotten and Split, also River.

very very good tv

1 Like

Let me know whether the later seasons are worth watching. I think I stopped watching around season 5 or 6.

Btw, if you’re still relying on SBS for Bosch, Season 4 will be available via On Demand from September 26th. It will presumably have a FTA airing at some stage, but it’ll possibly be in a late night time slot and burned through in double episodes.