TV show thread (2013-2022)

Wound up the 1st season last night, … and I’ve got to say, it near lost me completely at Ep 9, … but the finale helped it redeem itself.

S5 ep 6 at the moment. Still worthwhile. Waiting for the Armitage bloke who’s the main star of Berlin Station.

I caught Bosch when it came out. My sister will be keen to know about the SBS stuff. I have a subscription to Amazon video but the bludgers have embargoed it.

New series of Bosch (Series 5) is based on the latest book, Two Kinds of Truth. Deals with doctor shopping and opioid addictions. Not due till next year.

Really enjoyed Jack Ryan. Well made, well written, well acted. Looking forward to season 2. If you can get hold of it, worth watching.

Also the trailer for “Jim Ryan” mashup with The Office is great.

Season 2 of Ozark was pretty damn solid.

2 Likes

At least it didn’t continue from Season 1, with what I thought was the world’s worst idea of how to distribute heroin.

Imagine thinking to sell it in boats in hollowed out bibles on a lake during a Sunday service was a great idea? No risk ever of getting caught with that foolproof idea.

Finished the first (and currently only) season of French drama Transfer (Transferts). It is set in a dystopian world where consciousness can be transferred to another body, sometimes without consent. A man is on holiday with his wife and children when he basically drowns and wakes up 5 years later, now inhabiting the body of a police officer tasked with ferreting out and hunting down “transfers” - people who switched bodies, a practice which at some point in the past has been legal, but is now illegal.

On the whole the show is solid without being top echelon, its more about world building than it is necessarily twists and turns - they exist, but most are signposted.

Transfer is currently streaming on SBS on Demand.

If you want French dystopian, stick to Nu. Started last Friday on Viceland. In On Demand.

Bad Banks? A German eight-parter about a Frankfurt investment bank.

It’s interesting seeing how they swap from German to English, even multiple times in a sentence.

On SBS On Demand.

The fraulein in the lead is only 23, surely too young to be in a real-life role at the bank. Hübsche Dame aber.

Might get flamed for this, but I am genuinely ■■■■■■ that 800 Words is getting canned. Another good Aussie show is being discontinued even though it’s pulling good ratings. No doubt to replace it with American garbage or another reality pissant show.

Wonderland
Terranova
800 Words

Just to name a few.

2 Likes

Terranova was awful

I liked it. Brought some sci-fi back

1 Like

FYI for the sis: the latest season of Bosch hits FTA next Wednesday @ 10.30pm. Bit of an odd timeslot given where they’ve screened it previously and Deep State only having a few episodes to run, but it may get bumped up to 9.30 once DS has finished.

Bodyguard has been picked up by Netflix here - evidently via a co-financing arrangement.

I’m not remotely surprised you jumped on Nu.

Saw that in the Green Guide…I saw it months ago anyway.
Just finished Bad Banks on SBSOnDemand yesterday. Not bad, but about investment banks, not “real” banks which do mortgages, deposits etc.

Just finished tonight, rock solid

And just started roughly my 9th run through Toast of London. Prep for a new season coming some time soon and possibly another Matt Berry vehicle “Year of the Rabbit” https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8530456/

With each passing year I find myself wanting more to live in Matt Berry’s universe.

2 Likes

This universe?

Enjoyed it, but can’t shake the feeling

That it is breaking bad 2.0

1 Like

He was ■■■■■■■ Rays wife after all.

1 Like