TV show thread (2013-2022)

Oh I’m committed - I’m in for the entire series now.

Yep seen first season. Very very good.

1 Like

Hubby watches it, reckons it’s good.

(Haven’t watched it yet, will get around to it though)

You should. It’s very good.

1 Like

Loved The Magician, the movie with the same character, so will try to catch it. Is it only on Foxtel?

Yes, we are, it’s a hoot - Gav’s a fan

1 Like

Not sure if anyone has mentioned The Sinner?
Two eps into S01 and intriguing

4 Likes

Saw a trailer for the new season of The Man In The High Castle.

Must admit, I haven’t seen it before and got sucked in and feels as if I must watch it.

Anyone here up to date with it and can provide some feedback?

Second season of making a murder is out. Currently binge watching.

4 Likes

Stuck on a show called Loudermilk atm.

Yep, … no typo there, … “Loudermilk”

Also, Sarah Silvermans (god I love this woman) “I luv you America” is as weird, irreverent and real as she is. Total Fruit Bat.

1 Like

She is deadset funny…good successor to Joan Rivers.

Man in the High Castle I enjoy quite a lot but it’s fairly slow and if you didn’t know the original story it might be a bit difficult to follow at times. I think it looks amazing and the acting is very fine. Strikes me as something that would cost more an episode than your average film. If you’re into alternate histories, divergent timelines, war, espionage, politics, bit of sedate rumpy pumpy and some visceral action/violence, it’s got the lot. And if you’re a Nazi fetishist, well…

2 Likes

I just finished binge-watching season 3 of Man in the High Castle over the weekend. Excellent series with some great acting and good story-lines.

Have also just finished the first season of Brockmire. I hadn’t heard of this until my brother passed the first two seasons to me. It’s similar to Eastbound and Down, except the main character is a baseball commentator who has a complete meltdown live on air during a game and ends up years later as the bitter, alcoholic commentator/announcer for a hopeless minor league team in a shithole country town that is on the verge of being destroyed by a coal-seam gas mining company. Brockmire (the commentator) is played by Hank Azaria with the minor league team’s owner being played by Amada Peet. Very funny and creative with some flashes of absolute hilarity throughout. The opening sequence of epsiode 1 is probably the best start to a new series that I have ever seen. Highly recommend.

I had heard about this. and had it on the mental list at one point.

Thanks for the reminder.

Is there any more of Brockmire? I’ve seen season 1.

Season 2 is out and season 3 is going ahead.

Watched season 1 over 3 nights earlier this month. Thought it was excellent. Can’t wait for the 2nd season to drop in the next month.

Nup!
(Am really- loving it)

1 Like

I have enjoyed the first 2 seasons of the Man in the Highcastle. My only issue is that I think the actual premise of the Nazis/Japanese winning the war is a better story then the one they are using to tell it. Although it’s important to the story line I think they could have chosen a better theme through which to tell the story.

I know what you mean. I suppose that conceit, the parallel worlds, might seem a little flimsy in adaptation but it’s pretty faithful to the Philip K ■■■■ story. As with anything involving world building, and done at a high level, you kind of want to explore more than what the narrative arc allows. It’s still very enjoyable and they’re doing a cracking job of trying to fit everything in without cheapening one thread or another.

1 Like