TV show thread (2013-2022)

How far into it are you?

I think I have to watch that final episode again tonight

End of series 2. Tuco has been my favourite character so far.

it just keeps getting better and better @Yossarian

1 Like

It does close very strong, but yeah, it would be weird watching it now after so many years of mega hype.

Only show I can remember that gets better and better war upon year right up until the end. Stick with it

Season 3 onwards is where it really gets good.
When you reach the end, I’d like to know if you think Season 5 Ep14 Ozymandias is the best ever TV episode you’ve ever seen. It’s a perfect 10 to me.

1 Like

Just don’t be put off by the Fly episode - that one really took the ■■■■

2 Likes

Oh don’t worry I’ll keep going, wife is hooked. Good to know it keeps getting better

Directed by Rain Johnston who went on to murder Star Wars and break millions of fans hearts.

Watched The Haunting of Hill House series on Netflix recently. Still unsure quite what to make if it. Started out ‘boo’ scary then evolved into an examination of a family experiencing existential crises. Still scratching my head…

1 Like

Agree. Best episode of any series I have seen.

Anyone else notice the full 1st series of I’m Alan Partridge began screening again on ABC2 recently?

Haven’t seen it pop up for a while and thought it might be worth a mention, especially for young’ns who may have seen it mentioned, but never seen.

1st 3 eps are on iview still, … ep4 tonight.

3 Likes

Watched this 20 years ago and still love it to this day.

One of those comedies where you love it or hate it.

1 Like

What? I can’t cast from the Android Amazon prime app. That’s bonkers

Bodyguard on Netflix. Keeley Hawes as the British home secretary and Richard Madden (Robb Stark from GoT) as the war veteran turned cop assigned to protect her. Despite the occasional cliché it’s a darn good show.

6 Likes

Once my exams ate over on Thursday i will have 3 months to enjoy Netflix and some of the shows you guys have rated.

Enjoying The Americans- thanks!
Also really loved The Durrells - British series set pre WW2 in Corfu based on the early life of Gerald Durrell’s family. Keely Hawes (Bodyguard)plays Louisa Durrell.

1 Like

Haven’t watched the simpsons for years, but I read that they are writing out the character Apu becuase of some controversy about the character being racist?!

just started watching Brooklyn nine nine, so damn funny!brilliant ensemble of characters

2 Likes