TV show thread (2013-2022)

No, have not seen it. I am in Thailand ATM, and l have not had access to regular TV series for 25 years. Apart from sport the only TV l have seen during that time as been via season long sets l bought on DVD.

A few of the guys in the Wire were big players in Treme…Clarke Peters and Wendell Pierce, both as leaders of 7 or 8 disparate strands of New Orleans culture.

Plus Melissa Leo, John Goodman, Kim Dickens (Deadwood), Jon Seda, David Morse, Steve Zahn.

Probably 5 series, finished 5 years ago

4 series, got better as it went along.

New Orleans must have been a very tough place to be after Katrina, and the Police were particularly brutal even by US standards.

Has anyone watched the Outlander series?

(a friend has lent me series 1, is it worth a watch?)

Haven’t watched it, but chicks in my circle seem to dig it.

Edit" Also. just checked it on RT, … and it has consistently rated in the 90’s for all 4 seasons, … so I’m gonna go with yes, … :smirk:

1 Like

I gave up in S2. If the haggis eaters were silly enough to follow the fop Pretender as portrayed, then they deserved to lose their kilts and bagpipes.

Bludger ended up buggering off with his tail between his legs and dressed in sheilas’ clothes.

The heroine goes OK and the Scottish hero was causing some moisture from the female viewers. The chinless bed-wetter officer was a barry crocker though.

1 Like
2 Likes

The walking dead has strung together a couple of good episodes. wonders will never cease.

Got me in for another season

2 Likes

Yep I’ve watched all 3 series. It’s not really a chick flick. A lot more to it than that.

1 Like

Anyone seen rake with Richard Roxburgh. Into 5 th season. I saw him in Sean Connery s last film league of extraordinary Gentlemen.

I’m watching it with the better half. It’s part historical/hysterical? adventure and part Mills and Boon novel. Sex yes, violence yes, Scottish most definitely - wish they had an interpreter at times - but it’s well done and is a rollicking good yarn in parts.

2 Likes

Time travel shows like Outlander always throw up interesting conjectures.

I watched the first episode of You’re the Worst (SBS On Demand), about two fairly toxic individuals in a relationship. It’s 4 years old, but I’ll watch the second.

Started on Küdamm 59 last night…must begetting closeish to the Berlin Wall going up.

Is Rake back on (the ABC) ?

I love that show.

Edit: Never mind, I just found Season 5 on iveiw, Season 5 started on ABC while I was away.

1 Like

Yup, Search “Rake” in this thread. Been a fair bit said.

1 Like

I got 3 eps in and haven’t got back to it yet, … just didn’t feel up to par. I couldn’t help but think “oh no, Rake’s jumped the Shark” I doubt there’ll be a season 6 unfortunately, .:frowning:

That’s disappointing to hear. Hoping to start watching it tomorrow night.

Finally got round to catching up on Legion, halfway through Season 2.
Man is that one bonkers of a show. There’s some really nice scenes and the special effects are great, but it’s such a convoluted story line. There’s a lot of weirdness added to the show for the sake of it.

Anyone watching Sinner on netflix? Season 2 is out and it’s a pretty darn good show

3 Likes

I’m finding that with a lot of the newer shows now.

It’s like everyone’s trying to out weird or out complex other shows that have worked.

Just gets fkn exhausting in the end. Sometimes you don’t want to feel like you’ve just played 3 rounds of chess against a computer in the evening,… you just want a bit of easy thinking distraction, and maybe a couple of laughs,

Speaking of which, … after binging Atypical, . (No one??), I’ve hooked into Brockmire at last after the reminder a couple of days ago; … and it’s filling that exact role perfectly. Good show.

Atypical was good, not sure season 2 was as good as season 1.