TV show thread (2013-2022)

Ha, … Great minds eh? :wink:

1 Like

Anyone else watch Mayans?
As a SOA fan I thought it was pretty good! Reminded me how much I hated Potter!!

1 Like

Channel 10 have announced 4 shows trialed in pilot week are commissioned for full runs in 2019: Taboo, Kinne Tonight, Trial by Kyle (groan) and Saturday night live with rove

Had to rewind the end of the latest episode to make sure what I thought happened, actually happened.

1 Like

Just watched a few from the second season and it is excellent.

Series is good but really recommend reading the novels- 8 so far with 9th out next year. Historically accurate events woven into fictional time travel story.

1 Like

GOT to screen next April.

2 Likes

Finally watched s1 of the man in the high castle. If there is a show with more buildings with magical, unguarded, back doors which facilitate the escape of the protagonists I haven’t seen it.

That said, I quite enjoyed it.

1 Like

Did anyone end up watching “counterpart” on SBS? they had heaps of ads on it during the World Cup and I always wanted to watch it but haven’t had the time

1 Like

Reckon I’ll only watch one, the Saturday night live. We don’t have a good variety show anymore

Yeah, I watched the 1st 7 eps, . and will have to get back to it.

Not bad, … but you have to suspend disbelief a lot, … and another where there’s a lot of deciphering to do, which as I said earlier, can be all too hard when you’re tired and just looking to unwind in the Eve.

One better suited for a dedicated wide awake bingefest I’d say.

Yep, and read it’s 6 episodes only, but there will be spinoff series set 100’s of years pre GOT.

1 Like

Aren’t they doing 2 seasons of 6 episodes?

Don’t know.

‘The season will contain just six episodes, although they will reportedly be super-sized — some as long as feature films.’

This is a current piece, however the piece I read the other day did not say ‘reportedly be super-sized — some as long as feature films.’

I did and really enjoyed it

No. Benioff and Weiss said at the end of Season 6 there were 13 episodes left in the series - the 7 episodes in Season 7 and these final 6 episodes.

1 Like

De Dag aka The Day.

A cut above the usual show SBS buys exclusively for its on-demand section. This one is a Belgian hostage thriller (spoken in Dutch) with a reasonably unique way of telling its story. Some robbers announce they’ve locked themselves into a bank and taken numerous hostages - odd numbered episodes tell the story from the viewpoint of the police (chiefly its negotiation team), reporters and families outside the bank; even numbered episodes relate the experiences of the hostages and criminals.

Overall the show is very well done, with the writing in particular, the stand-out, with some excellent twists. The only real criticism I could make of it is that, episodes end on a twist or incident - if you pick the twist or what has happened, it can feel like a bit of a cheat for the writers, particularly in later episodes as effectively its 20mins of actual story into a 40-45min show - the last episode, unfortunately, is particularly guilty of this.

The show just finished its burn-off FTA run, but it is still available via SBS on Demand until 2020.

Thanks - clearly forgot the previous season was the first half of the what was to be the last season.

Why would a Belgian show be spoken in Dutch. Sure it’s not Flemish?

Why would the Clog Wogs get their way?

They are doing a movie of Breaking Bad.