TV show thread (2013-2022)

That guy is terrible, but I saw that the pilot episode had Natalie Tran as one or his sidekicks. One of the funniest people in the country, imo

yeah i’m late too. caught it on the plane a few weeks and am nearly done with season 2 now.

Have you seen the BAN (ep 7) episode yet? i was that guy on the plane laughing loudly and crying. hilarious.

I did some research after seeing this as that threw me too, but evidently something has changed in the last 30 years, internationally more so than internally, as the Carmen Sandiego Europe game (circa late 80’s) I played growing up listed Flemish & French as the official languages of Belgium, but current data has 3 official languages: Dutch, French and German.

After looking into things further, apparently linguistically Flemish as a separate language doesn’t exist, its just Dutch.

This makes interesting reading: https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Dutch-one-of-the-official-languages-of-Belgium-and-not-Flemish-Even-more-since-the-entire-Dutch-speaking-part-is-called-Flanders

1 Like

Yes. Was definitely laughing uncomfortably while way through!

Just about finished season 1

1 Like

I’ve heard about it, … thought about it, & I’d like to, but you know, … RAP.

Ugh.

Don’t think I’d hang in there for long.

It’s not about rap at all.

It takes the ■■■■ out of modern culture but especially perceived black American culture.

And has great characters. Watch one and see how you go

Edit - they’re like half hour episodes and on sbs on demand

1 Like

Ok. Will have a crack.

Read it was about a Rapper trying to make it in the Industry.

Watching Maniac on Netflix, directed by the same guy who did the first season of True Detective.

A bit off beat & quirky, but I’m enjoying it - good line up of actors too

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation- watched episode 1 last night… looking forward to the next one.

Finished season 1 of Mr. Robot. It handles music beautifully in this show, better than The Sopranos which I thought did it the best. Just imo.

5 Likes

It really does. Sometimes subtly too, you’re like wait, I know that melody in the background, what is it?

Mr Inbetween, … WTAF? Just started to get it’s style and engage with it, and it was over. Only a half dozen episodes, at just 20 odd minutes, and done.

Really weird way to make a TV show at any time, let alone in the Generation Netflix landscape.

Crammed a lot into the 20 odd mins an episode though. Second season already confirmed so will be interesting to see how many episodes it has. Having said all that gee it was good, i loved it

2 Likes

There is a moment near the start of season 2 that uses a Phil Collins song of all things…

It might be the best use of music I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Brothers in arms in the west wing is by far the best use of music ever.

1 Like

Bodyguard is a solid series

Plenty of themes to think about

I think it will be worth a re watch down the track

3 Likes

Start of the second episode of the second season, and I absolutely agree. Who would have thought that a Phil Collins song building slowly in the background could build tension so well.

1 Like

I think I’m hanging for the last season of Mr Robot more than I am the last season of Game Of Thrones.

Is there somewhere it’s available other than Foxtel? I don’t see it up on itunes yet.

latest season of game of thrones was tepid at best. season before tho OH BABY