TV show thread (2013-2022)

Sorry i need to revise,

season 5 was ■■■■■.

Just on the subject of soundtracks I’ve been devouring this podcast called the soundtrack show over the last couple of weeks. It’s a must listen for any fans of orchestral scores.

This is my favourite. Especially if you know the context of the scene.

1 Like

West Wing Season IV finale.
Angel - Massive Attack

Edit: actually it’s the third last of the season, Ep 22.

1 Like

Finally watched the final ep of Hill House. Quite satisfying but I can’t see there being another series.

I was going to link this too. Amazing.

Narcos Mexico from Netflix looks a good series

1 Like

Binging on The Sinner on Netflix. Didn’t like s1, but s2 is ok.

What I did find very, very good was “22 July” (also on Netflix) which is the story of that guy who ran amok in Norway about 10 years ago. Pretty harrowing viewing but well told and acted.

Mike Flanagan said if there is a second season it would be with different characters, which makes sense.

1 Like

One of the all time great songs.

Mark Knopfler is brilliant

Hurt was used well in Person of Interest after Carter died

you might have to download it.

The last kingdom season 3 is out and it has not disappointed.

Into the second series of You’re the Worst. I’m enjoying it. Two characters who are used to toxic relationships hook up.

2 Likes

As a long time Reaper crew addict this soundtrack got to me

Finished watching last episode of The Day (De Dag) on SBS on demand last night. Really enjoyed it - the alternate episodes of cops and crims was really well done. Plenty of twists in the plot. Thanks to whoever it was on Blitz that recommended it :+1:

Thought I would give Sick Note (Netflix) a go on the weekend watched the whole first season and now into the second, got quite a few laughs out of it.

1 Like

One word, Skade.:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

There’d been some talk about a show on Amazon Prime, The Marvellous Mrs Maisel about a Jewish-American Princess in 50s New York becoming a stand-up comedienne.

Rachel Brosnahan plays aforementioned ■■■ (she also played a Jewish wife in Manhattan) despite being of English-Irish parentage. But then, Tony Shalhoub, a good Lebanese gent, plays her very Jewish father. This is extreme anti-Semitism at its worst, denying Jewish actors the right to play Jews. Last time I looked there was no shortage of Jewish actors of either gender around.

She meets the dream man and marries him, and makes a great speech at the wedding. Bears him 2 kids and supports him on his aim to be a stand-up comic. And then, on the day before Yom Kippur when the rabbi has finally consented to visit their house after she’d made a crack at the wedding about the rolls containing shrimp, which sent the practising Jews out in high dudgeon, her husband leaves her for his airhead secretary…with her suitcase. She gets ■■■■■■ and fronts at the dive where the stand-up happens, and is miles funnier than him.

Now to keep watching.

1 Like