TV show thread (2013-2022)

For any old fools like me out there, Rage playing a slightly unimaginative (but I’ll still watch) Australian 80’s playlist tonight.

Probably put together by someone not even born then, but I respect the effort.

Started watching “Sick Note” today which is a British comedy with Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley from Harry Potter) and Nick Frost in it.

Would recommend if you are after a laugh.

1 Like

Times like this that I really miss living in OZ. Baked on the couch watching ‘Rage’.

I love this show. By the same people as Gilmore Girls. Wouldn’t have thought it was your thing.

1 Like

Season 3 of F is for Family up on Netflix. Finally.

Farking hilarious.

1 Like

You misjudge me.

It doesn’t strike me as neurotic as some other New York comedies, nor does it have zombies or space aliens.

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, a new movie on Netflix made into 6 separate & unrelated short films by the Coen Brothers is a great watch.

There is a common theme running through all 6 vignarettes & being a Western, is in some parts hilarious & brutal.

With cinematography to rival John Ford film’s & actors of the quality of Tim Blake Nelson (as funny as his part on O Brother Where Art Thou?) Liam Neeson, Brendan Gleeson, James Franco & a brilliant role by Tom Waits, you can’t go wrong.

A huge improvement over that last mess they made with George Clooney (Hail Caesar) & would have looked great on the big screen, I can only imagine they thought a bunch of short films woven into a movie wouldn’t have worked in the cinema.

Will never know now, 8/10

4 Likes

Berlin Station is back on On Demand.

1 Like

Yep…just finished watching it…it gets better with each season

1 Like

Just finished Series 1.

Series 2 dropped yesterday.

Netflix - Sick Note has Rupert Grint (off harry potter Ron Wealey, and starred in one of Ed Shearans early music videos.

Basically about some dude who was misdiagnosed with Cancer, and then pretending he still has it cause his work (insurance company) are using him as the face of a campaign, and he is getting extra $$$.
He’s basically a lazy, gamer, just turns up to work to do the bare minimum. Not bad, to pass the time when u are up at 1 and 4am.

1 Like

Mrs Maisel is getting better and better. Midge has gone for her annual summer holidays to the Catskills, Zachary Levi from Chuck has entered the scene and anything else is a spoiler.

S2Ep7 is a ball-tearer. Anniversary of the first Yom Kippur when Midge hit the Starlight for the first time, her husband left her and she got arrested.

A new Black Mirror movie called Bandersnatch is dropping on 28 December. Will be based on a much anticipated game that was never released in the 1980s (google it).

Rumour also is that this movie/episode will be the long anticipated ‘choose your own adventure’ episode where viewers be able to choose how the story proceeds.

2 Likes

Russell Coight’s All Aussie Adventures is the unfunniest thing I have ever seen.

I googled that Bandersnatch movie and read the whole article. Are they talking a whole new language ?
The write-up was terrible and so confusing that it didn`t make any sense at all. The whole article was all over the shop without really telling you anything about the movie.
Can someone please explain , in laymans terms , what the hell they were saying ?

I don’t think there’s actually much info about it out yet, which is why the articles are a bit vague and confusing.

1 Like

Although this was posted a few hours ago…

Thanks SMJ . Looks interesting.

Esmail’s latest offering “Homecoming” is well worth the journey.

I’m liking the wind up the story in one splash mini series format more & more. Hope their increasing prevalence continues.

I just watched it and posted about it in the movie thread, as it is a movie.