TV show thread (2013-2022)

Been meaning to mention “Detectorists”,… anyone??

Subtle, warm, funny, pathos fueled slice of realistic everyday Pommy ordinaries lives.

When you’ve had enough of mystery, intrigue, double crosses, guns, murder, super heroes & all manner of dramatic far fetched scenarios etc, and just want to chill, … this is just relaxed, easy, and brilliant.

Just good,

3 Likes

Yep, comfort telly par excellence

1 Like

Just finished Escape at Dannemora.

Geez that was slow… Which is usually fine, if you find any of the characters remotely likeable.

Acting was great, Stiller shot the hell out of it, but I reckon it was a movie that went on 6 hours too long.

ZHas anyone copped The Kominsky Method on Netflix? Chuck Lorre creation with Alan Arkin and Michael Douglas.

It won best comedy series at the Golden , Michael Douglas best actor.

Rachel Brosnahan best actress.

Lorre’s having done Two and a Half Men and Big Bang Theory would certainly make me think twice about watching his stuff.

Yes, I quite enjoyed it; Arkin and Douglas work well together. Douglas plays a bit of a ■■■■■■, he’s rather good at that.

To55er is a swear word now?

I thought episode 6 was fantastic, if not a bit gruesome, and revealed exactly how bad they were, before that, it was just a prison break story. I liked it overall. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction

I did like that episode, although they did spend 12 slow and boring minutes on that cop at the start. WAY too much development.

But yes, it finished pretty strong. I just felt it might have made a better movie than a series. As I said, I like a slow burn, but not with these characters.

Is OK without being great; milks the joke re his Chinese bladder keeping him up at night

Alan Arkin is so much a better actor than MD is it isn’t funny. Must be something to do with this genes

I’m between study semesters and want something to watch. Is Dannemora worth me signing up to Stan?

Not sure, as I haven’t seen it yet, … but I’d be tipping the 2 week Free Trial would be enough time to find out. :wink:

That’s what I was thinking! Though i do enjoy Billions which I think starts up in March.

I didnt mind YOU on netflix. Dark but kept me interested

If I’m on netflix there will be a lot of swearing and boobs.

1 Like

For fans of Berlin Station - the show begins its 3rd season on SBS starting Wednesday night at 10:30pm.

Forgot to give a review when I watched it but, I’ve noticed the full series of Before We Die (Swedish drama) is back available to view on SBS on Demand for a limited time (roughly a month).

It is another very well done Scandinavian crime drama with plenty of twists and turns.

The basic plot is a cop becomes involved in an investigation after her colleague and lover is abducted and later found murdered. The only clue to what case he was working on is a source - Inez -who unbeknownst to the cop, is her son.

The actor playing the son (Adam Pålsson) won Best Actor in the Swedish equivalent of the Emmys.

hahaha thats your call i suppose but none in that show

I’ve been waiting for episode 5 to come out. Great series.

Just had a look at what else they’ve got, and noticed Californication, … Better Call Saul and Breaking bad, … Friday Night Lights, and heaps more, … but most particularly, “CONDOR” , the really good SPY one I mentioned a while back is on there too, if you haven’t seen it yet.

If you’ve not seen most of that, …my Vote is Yes, … it’d be worth it.

Edit: Nurse Jackie, Orphan Black, Ray Donovan, …

1 Like

Take the free month on Amazon, and watch Mrs Maisel.

1 Like

Stan has recently done a big deal with Disney, so they’ve just got all the star wars stuff, heaps of Marvel stuff and all the Disney kids movies.

Plus, heaps of Showtime shows that aren’t bad at all (Get Shorty is pretty cool) and they’ve just got all the Bond films… Stan is pretty good atm.

1 Like

Rewatch game of thrones

1 Like