TV show thread (2013-2022)

The best thing about it being 2019, is GOT is back.

2 Likes

You need to get a mate and have one of you sign up for stan and the other Netflix, create sub accounts and share the log in deets and you’ll have both for the price of one

There’s plenty of good stuff on stan btw, but it’s only about a third of the catalog size of Netflix

2 Likes

Another handy trick is to get a VPN. This can then get you access to a Netflix catalogue from another country where they may have different shows.

You mean using your Aussie account?

They’ve blocked that.

Pretty much.

I have a few people scabbing my Netflix, So I made one of them get Stan, even though they hardly use it.

redbull maybe referring to a US netflix account. Which gives you access to all regions (depending on which region you have selected via your VPN).

It’s difficult to acquire a US account, but achievable. I’ve had mine for roughly 5-6 years. I had to create a US paypal account (difficult in itself, need a CC that works in the US, and that isn’t used in you OZ paypal). Then use the US paypal account to pay for the US netflix.

Since I’ve added a bank account and removed the card (to solve any potential future credit card rejection). Done the same with Hulu.

It was great when our dollar was good, atm paying more than I would for a Oz account. That said, I do get both US and Oz catalogues.

Still a marked difference in them now?

Yea there is still. Rupert certainly has a say with what Netflix can show here.

2 Likes

With what he’s paid for, you mean?

Naturally.

He won’t be getting one cent from me.

Have to be a case of Netflix owned / produced content diminishing on Fuxtel now they have arced up here I’d imagine. :thinking:

They haven’t sold any new shows to Rupert since they did, surely?

Whats US Netflix have that they don’t show here?

I’ll explain how we use it from here in Singapore, using an iPad and Apple TV. We use the VPN on the iPad to select whichever country you want to browse the catalogue. We then airplay the show from the iPad through the Apple TV onto the tv.

This work around doesn’t work if you go straight into Netflix on the Apple TV.

I use the same method to access Foxtel Go which allows me to stream sport including footy.

1 Like

Been watching Sunderland Til I Die on Netflix the past week or so. A great sports doco on the emotions of fans, staff, players & a city in general following their soccer team. I don’t follow the EPL or soccer in general but this series is brilliant! The emotions that we’re all feeling with EFC, so present throughout. Thoroughly enjoying it so far.

3 Likes

Their fans reactions are next level though but as you watch the series, there’s a bit of light shed on why.

I think they needed to build the character and story of the cop, It was a bit of a surprise to find the link to who he was and where he fitted into the story, I thought that was clever, I was expecting this cop was the one who confronted them on the run, so his link was surprising and well done, the other story in that show was very gruesome. It was well done how it changed perception of who they all were. Most prison escape shows make the escapees look like heroes, or made them look clever at the very least, which is where I think this was heading, despite them not being at all likeable. Then the twist just made them look utterly horrible and made you cheer for what came next

1 Like

I thought you just needed a VPN

For which bit are you referring? The account creation (US netflix/Paypal)? Or the account switching?

If for the latter, I personally don’t know as I don’t have a Oz account to verify the blocking. But I have heard that is the case from a number of people. HAP included.

I have Stan for better call saul, breaking bad, and seinfeld, They are my non negotiable. Started watching bloom, but not really into it. I like Bryan Brown, even though hes the most wooden actor we have ever had, He plays a good tough guy, and that is his pigeon hole as far as Im concerned. He doesnt work in this show. Jakie Weaver also good but playing a spaced out dementia patient is a waste of her talent, My mum could do that, even though shes fit and healthy.
Aussie drama series are pretty ■■■■ IMO, usually over acted and stories are too contrived and crammed in, Way to try hard