TV show thread (2013-2022)

I used a VPN service that worked, you could go in and change country on a website, but could only work using a browser version of netflix. To me that takes the convenience of just flicking something off my phone to the telly using chromecast.
I cant be bothered with all the rooting around anymore, I surrender, Rupert is a ■■■■

2 Likes

There is more than enough content to view without all that stuffing around.

True, however all the stuffing around happened before Netflix Oz was even a thing, let alone stan or prime. So it was definitely worth the hassle at the time to get US Netflix and Hulu.

Since then have added HBO, Showtime, FX, AMC, Comedy Central, all the Discovery’s, ESPNs, to be fair it’d be easier to say what I don’t have these days. Recently added Amazon Prime. With a VPN you can access Prime’s US catalogue.

Yes, I watch far too much TV.

1 Like

I put pime on then ditched italmost straight away when I realized they were deliberately not doing chromecast

Idiots

Is “You” netflix’s best ever original show?

Big call. First season House of Cards was damn good, all Spacey sh*t aside.

That being said, I am two episodes into You, and it is certainly a contender at this stage.

1 Like

I really like it, has the early Dexter season’s feel to it. The Mrs put it on and I thought it was a rom com until it went on.

Not to ruin anything but from what I’ve read it sounds like it should’ve been a mini series, and the female character is painful. Off the top of my head F is for Family, Ozark, Bojack Horseman. At least I think they’re NF original. I’ll give You a go but it sounds like trash with lipstick.

Glow is pretty good too.

2 Likes

Anyone seen Titans?

Worth watching?

Looks quality.

Started rewatching The Sheild
Such a massively underrated awesome series

3 Likes

It’s not a Netflix original. Lifetime produced it and screened it in the US before it became available internationally on Netflix.

There’s going to be a second series I think and that might be a Netflix original in conjunction with Lifetime

I think it’s truly awful on almost all levels

1 Like

It’s so bad. So so bad.

Oh look, another show about a charming psycho dude murdering women. I’ve never seen this concept on a screen before, apart from you know, every other fkn show on television

Agreed. Watched first few eps.
Ended up ■■■■■■ off at how he could just stand out the front of her apartment stalking her without anyone noticing.
Couldn’t get past ep 3.

Mrs. hambo warned me off it but then she has extremely high standards.

How far did you get?

Idk the monologue hooked me.

I went through the whole lot, mainly because the better half wanted to

I saw the whole thing and was just rolling my eyes at the plot holes and predictability.

I could never recommend it or list it as a best of anything - but also understand different tastes