TV show thread (2013-2022)

Well then I guess we finally disagree on a TV show!

I thought it was pretty damn good, certainly from a writing perspective. It wasn’t as dark of a show as the premise made it out to be, but also… It was still dark as fark.

It had an absurdist feel to it, and it had quite a few layers to the story that I thought were clever.

Unsatisfying ending though, and it’s not the best ‘netflix original’ even though it wasn’t actually a Netflix original. (How did we leave Stranger Things out of that conversation?)

Scifis for nerds.

To enhance your viewing pleasure imagine becks is guelfi and joe is donnington.

1 Like

I also have an ex named Bec, and an ex named Candice. Which freaked me out a little…

Yes mark it down! First time ever we have disagreed.

Look it wasn’t terrible, and I totally agree with many of the virtues you describe. For me though, it was just another story of a psycho man murdering women, and I just feel like TV is awash with those stories.

In particular (spoiler) did we need to devote the entire last episode to the girls psychological torture and murder? Was that really necessary?

When is Mr Robot back on anyway?!

You realise he was just Elliott with a worse upbringing?

The last episode was disappointing. It had done so well avoiding becoming ‘just another show about a nutcase killing women’ in my opinion, and then it just leaned right into the cliche at the end. I didn’t like that, and he got away far too clean.

Critics Choice awards on today.

Rachel Brosnahan and Alex Borstein won Best Actress and Supporting Actress in a comedy series for The Marvelous Mrs Maisel.

1 Like

No Wellicks hot wife = bad show

1 Like

She Robot

Looks like Miranda Kerr with a blonde wig.

Yeah, it’s the original Real Humans from Sweden. She’s a hot bot. Her role in Mr. Robot isn’t much of a leap

Series 3 of True Detective started today - 2 episodes.

Stars Mahershala Ali who’s in everything but a turd sandwich these days…and that’s only because he doesn’t like bread.

On the screen or…??

Finished Sharp Objects last night.

I thought it was brilliant.

4 Likes

Been meaning to watch that.

Is it on Netflix?

I personally downloaded it but apparently it is available on Foxtel.

Not Netflix.

1 Like

If that was the one with Amy Adams and Patricia Clarkson, I just couldn’t get into it.

I’ve had enough of those melancholic southern dramas.

If Paul Newman isn’t in them, I ain’t watching.

It was very good, standout actor was the young Australian girl. Stole every scene from under Adams and Clarkson.

1 Like

Any good? I’m a bit gun shy after the train wreck of season 2.

Even season 1 I think was a bit over rated for what it was. The story wasn’t particularly original and the ending was a bit meh. Brilliant cinematography and great performances from the two leading actors covered over a lot of cracks.

In Season 2 all those cracks were a lot more visible and it had a worse story. I struggled to get to the end of it.

Halfway through ep 1 so bit early to tell.

Hanging out for the next ep of Berlin Station. This series has been a bit of a slow burn…Russia trying to cause havoc in Estonia to get them back into the fold.

Ashley Judd is just back in…and Rhys Ifans too.

Has anyone watched a series called Norsemen?? Set in Vikings time and is a comedy I hear!!!