TV show thread (2013-2022)

Have seen both seasons, definitely worth a watch. Light hearted absurdity, very enjoyable

Norsemen is ok if your into the vikings theme, bit of a joke really, not serious stuff at all.
Not a scratch on Last Kingdom or Vikings, but it is watchable.

It’s absolutely a comedy, and a pretty good one if you like absurd stuff

David Attenboroughs dynasties is a 100% recommendation. My favourite of his series.

1 Like

Better than American Horror Story?

I personally never got into AHS apart from the first season so I couldn’t really tell you.

I’d say yes but I’d be biased :joy:

Sex Education (netflix) was good
wasnt keen on watching it to begin with, but have now finished the whole season.

2 Likes

Few shows I’ve watched (or tried to watch) recently:

Escape at Dannemora - agree with others. Acting, cinematography and music all fantastic. It just felt like a movie stretched out over (what felt like) 10 hours.

You - awful. Lasted 40 minutes.

Sex Education - hadn’t seen it mentioned until the above post. Fantastic. Someone mentioned to me that it was similar to Skins (which is high praise as far as I am concerned) - which it is in the sense that it is a show about schoolkids in the UK and that most of the characters are excellent (and many likable). Very unique though. I thought the continued focus on sex would wear thin but it hasn’t really. Gillian Anderson (yep, X files) is great.

I’ll also throw in another suggestion for people to watch La Casa de Papel / Money Heist on Netflix - you won’t regret it.

2 Likes

I really liked skins. Probably why I liked it sex ed. If I had heard that it was similar to skins i definitely would have watched it earlier.

Its great to get recommendations on here for netflix

1 Like

Anyone got some stan recommendations? except dannamora that was boring as ■■■■.

Condor’s probably the best show I’ve seen on Stan.

2 Likes

Billions if you haven’t already.

Get shorty is surprisingly decent.

2 Likes

Monty Python’s Flying Circus is coming to SBS Viceland Friday Nights starting this week. :+1:

I think I’ve got every show on DVD, every compilation, every movie, every documentary. Maybe not all the docos.

1 Like

So on Media watch last night, Barry went on about Neins MAFS show, saying it was the most popular show on telly, and had single handedly saved Neins bacon.

Just channel surfed upon it and thought righto, … watched about a minute.

What the farkin hell is wrong with this Country??

The fact this is even a thing makes me very sad. :frowning_face:

9 Likes

Sadly, I’ve helped make it a ratings winner by watching it. I have no idea why tbh.

Humanity doesn’t deserve to survive climate change watching that ■■■■.

5 Likes

Just realised it’s on at 7.30 Primetime.

I hope to hell parents aren’t letting their kids, - especially young daughters watch based on what I heard in that 60 seconds.

Hard to believe it gets on before the cut off really.

the fark are people still watching fta

3 Likes