TV show thread (2013-2022)

BILLIONS IS BACK

1 Like

Rainy old day today, so I’ll get back to it shortly.

I’ve also been watching Traitors, set in the British Cabinet Office in the immediate post-war years. Emma Appleton is spying for the Yanks, led by Michael Stuhlbarg, and Keeley Hawes is spying for the Russians. Not sure I’d recommend it.

And finished the Canadian police series, Cardinal. Well…not finished, but up-to-date.

You’re the Worst is a warped old series, but I can’t help myself.

There’s another version of The Bridge, this time on the German/Austrian border.

Called Pagan Peak (Der Pass), it starts with the discovery of a people smuggler hunched, frozen, over a stone border marker in the Alps.

Ellie Stocker, from Berchtesgaden, near Munich (site of Hitler’s Eagle’s Nest) is the German cop, and Winter, the unmade bed of an Austrian cop from Salzburg.

Successor to The ■■■■■ in Apartment 23. Is great.

If you like that, try the English show Fleabag.

Brockmire and Barry are back.

1 Like

Project blue book was alright for any x files fans.

1 Like

Opinions on Killing Eve please.

Good weird.

Stretched premise, … but pulled off well by the 2 leads.

1 Like

Nearly finished Pagan Peak, the German/Austrian version of The Bridge. Pretty good.

Started I Know Who You Are (Sé Quien Eres) about a Spanish lawyer who has amnesia after a car crash, in which his niece disappears and he’s charged with her murder. Set in Barcelona but all of the dialogue is in Spanish (Castellano), which is a bit funny considering so many signs and street signs are monolingual- in Catalan.

Yep they are two of my favourites

Season 2 starts today.

1 Like

Same.

Watched both multiple times.

Bill Nighy for mine is amazing in About Time.

Yep. :slightly_smiling_face:

New series of Bosch weekend after next. Shows on Amazon Prime in the US but SBS have bought the rights here and hold them over for about six months.

Torrents…here we come!

1 Like

Loved Barry, hope the good work continues, S2 ep1 was a reasonable start.

1 Like

New series of the British crime series Line of Duty has just started (2 eps in).

Follows on indirectly from the brilliant series 4.

It’s written by the creator of Bodyguard starring Keeley Hawes and Rob Madden.

Finished Pagan Peak, the German/Austrian adaptation of The Bridge. Satisfying.

2 Likes

Killing Eve resumes with 2 episodes on April 19, which is Good Friday, I believe.

Ep 1 is available on iView now.

On the back of Flying Circus being shown on SBS, I was reminded of and talking about this series with a mate the other day, so went looking for it. Gotta love UToob sometimes.

Holds up surprisingly well, and could easily be assumed to be satirising things afoot in World Politics anytime over the past decade.

The more things change, …

Can you PM me the details where you were able to watch Pagan Peak?