TV show thread (2013-2022)

SBS on Demand

Nothing to be shy about.

1 Like

Unless you’re a liberal politician

1 Like

You mean The Pass?
Worst translation of all time, cause even with my basic deutsch, there is no way that Der Pass = Pagan Peak

Yeah, yeah, I know. I think I commented on that when I first mentioned the show.

On the other hand, Sé Quien Eres translates exactly into I Know Who You Are.

Torrents won’t be needed this year as things have changed - Amazon Prime apparently now has first air rights here now and it’ll be available in line with the US.

Not sure whether SBS have kept FTA rights, although given it seemed there was an exclusivity period built into the SBS contract, albeit weirdly without any usage, it is possible.

Whacko! Ta!

No Better Call Saul this year

Shiiit.

4 Likes

After a slow and mediocre season last year, and now a year off…

This show is gonna struggle to stay relevant.

Hopefully they are just taking the time to write a killer finale.

Slow and mediocre? Geez that’s harsh, I thought it was another solid season.

2 Likes

Last season was a big drop off IMO, but it’s dropping off from a damn high standard, so mediocre is probably a bit harsh.

Funnily enough, as annoying as Chuck was, the show really missed him.

1 Like

Yeah, Chuck was definitely missed. I’m hanging on to find out what happens to Kim, pretty sure the show only has 1 or two more seasons.

1 Like

Bit of a long shot but doesn’t anyone have the full episodes of The Late Show? The Australian one that is.

I think I have the DVD set of all the D Gen shows somewhere, I think the Late Show is in it.

Not sure I have any clue where they are, but I’ll see if I can find them later.

Edit: :thinking: Ahh, nah, I’m thinking of something else. Whatever I’ve got will be on VHS.

Nope. Got the best bits box set though.

Champagne comedy!

1 Like

In a box somewhere in my garage is some VHS tapes with every episode of the Late show.

That’s not much use here I realise.

I do have the full series of The Olden Days and Bargearse on DVD though.

1 Like

Disagree. Last season laid so many eggs. Jimmy was held back by Chuck and without him the character of Jimmy really started to evolve. The fact you know the ending, ie who Saul is and what the lab looks like, makes Better Call Saul arguably as clever if not more than Breaking Bad. The way it connects the dots makes it an amazing show for mind.

3 Likes

I’m only up to season five of Sons of Anarchy, but Gemma Teller/Katey Segal is by far and away THE most annoying TV character I have ever seen. I have to fast forward when she’s on the screen, she’s the worst.

2 Likes

Could not agree more. I didn’t get past Season 3 because of it.

1 Like

She’s is absolutely the worst thing I’ve seen on TV

I’m watching season 5 at the moment as well. You have hit the nail on the head.