TV show thread (2013-2022)

There’s so many annoying characters, though. She fits right in.

It’s basically Opie, Jooce and a heap of annoying characters.

2 Likes

True, I’m just watching it now to see how it all ends but realise I hate pretty much all of them.

Tig makes me laugh.

1 Like

Halfway through Delhi Crime from Netflix. It’s about that young woman who was brutally raped on a Delhi bus a couple of years ago who later died from the horrific injuries inflicted upon her.
Very tough but compelling viewing.

Plenty of torrents available to download this series.

1 Like

I can’t recall who it was but Dark on Netflix was recommended by someone around Blitz. It was very enjoyable.

2 Likes

For anyone into running, should have a look at the Barkley marathon on Netflix.
not a bad documentary.
basically event is limited to 40 people who enter a race for $1.60 and run as far as they can in 60 hours on a 20 mile loop over rough terrain.
if you finish 3 loops you have finished the fun run.
But you need to finish 5 loops to finish the race. And on the last lap they send each runner a different way so they can’t work together.

1 Like

Started watching the netflix original Swedish tv series Quicksand lastnight.

It is based on the Swedish novel “Störst av allt” by Malin Persson Giolito.

Without giving to much away it is a crime thriller/mystery in a similar vein to The Sinner.

It is well acted by mostly teens and is very suspenseful.

Not quite as good as The Sinner but still well worth a look.

Anyone seen the Julia Roberts vehicle Homecoming?

She works at a private enterprise facility designed to prepare returning servicemen for civilian life…or so she thinks.

Four years later, she’s being questioned by a DoD investigator as to what went on, but she remembers none of it.

Also stars Bobby Cannavale and Shea Whigham from Boardwalk Empire, and Sissy Spacek as her mum.

10 half-hour episodes on Amazon Prime.

Also been watching Sneaky Pete as a conman who takes over his cellmate’s identity to avoid some bad guys back in New York. Stars Giovanni Ribisi as the con and Bryan Cranston as the guy he ripped off.

yup

3 episodes to go. Raining outside, so ■■■■ about to be parked.

Sneaky Pete is pretty good, not quite compelling but has its own thing and great cast. It probably hinges on whether you find Ribisi appealing or like an overbaked kind of rat man. Or somewhere in between which is where I’m at. Think it’s produced by Cranston too.

I’m not sure what the Asian lady was doing at the end, after interviewing Colin.

Self-medicating?

Enjoying second season of Tin Star. Tim Roth, strange and a bit far fetched but I don’t mind. Set in Canadian boonies, worth a look.

Just started watching a show called parks and recreation. Very entertaining stuff, just started the 2nd season.the guy with the moustache ( Ron I think) cracks me up

4 Likes

This. Shut it down about 4 eps in, . maybe 3.

A couple of events were just too ridiculous to get past.

Wow! Talk about your latecomers. :anguished: Enjoy. It’s a very good show,

Ron Swanson is now legendary.

1 Like

I dropped out an episode or two earlier than you.

2 Likes

A friend of mine recommended it after I said I liked Brooklyn Nine Nine, very glad she did

Not sure they knew what kind of show they were making, or do even now, but it rewards persistence. Bonkers black comedy that never lets you know what the real deal is. Part Fargo, little bit of In Bruges, not as good as either but I’ll take it over another ■■■■■■ Scandi noir or the countless US UK versions of.

1 Like

If they get another series or two, Lindsay won’t be able to stand up.

She was never remotely flat-chested, but they’re ■■■■■■■ huge now. The cleavage is definitely somewhere for the Mormons to park their bikes.

Here you go Noonan:

Auditions: Mastermind

April 18th, 2019 By David Knox

New SBS quiz show Mastermind has renewed a call or contenders, after debuting on air this week.

A casting notice asks, “Do you have what it takes to sit under the spotlight while your general knowledge and speciality topic are tested? We want people who are passionate about their subject and have a good level of general knowledge.”

Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of applying.

https://go.mycastingnet.com/Apply/Show/Mastermind