TV show thread (2013-2022)

Definitely in my top 3.

3 Likes

yep - all. Very realistic, and gave both drama as well as humour. Excellent characters. The whole thing was very well done.

I’m now reading up on David Simon, the creator and writer.

1 Like

Omar Little is awesome.

So many great characters.

2 Likes

Also in my top 5 TV drama series, ever.

2 Likes

You’re not alone. I just watched the whole thing at last a few months back too.

1 Like

I got sidetracked midway through Series 2. Haven’t got back to it…

And I’m getting to the interesting part of I Know Who You Are now. Five eps to go after finishing this one.

1 Like

I couldn’t get into it!

1 Like

Yeah I’m in the same boat. Maybe Season 2 is the lessor of the series?

Funny thing is that when I see it pop up on Foxtel I don’t watch a random episode as I don’t want to spoil it just in case I start watching again.

This is a quote from an article about the writer, David Simon. It’s true what he says, those early episodes in a season you are trying really hard to keep up and work out where this is going, and then… BANG… you are locked in and onboard for the ride.

"Rafael Alvarez, a former Sun reporter whom Simon hired to write for the show, said, “You know how, in a Russian novel, the reader does the work for the first hundred pages, and then it turns and you’re lost in it? With ‘The Wire,’ it might be Episode 6 before it turns and you’re in.”

1 Like

When they’re in the truck talking about the fuel gauge made me LMAO

1 Like
5 Likes

Up to episode 6 at the moment.

Just ok for mine.

Maybe the payoff will be worth it.

I’ve been watching the wire for the first time recently too. I just finished season 4 last week. Haven’t started the final season yet.

1 Like

Just discovered Trailer park Boys on netflix and I am loving it.

1 Like

Is season 2 the one at the docks? Easily the worst season.

1 Like

Respectfully, David Simon can foad for what he did to Dukie at the end of the series.

1 Like

Came across this a few years ago when the house I moved into had a poster left on a wall, intriguing. Very funny when it’s at its best and just dumb funny otherwise. Highly recommend.

1 Like

Where’s the boy, String?

1 Like

Pretty sure I saw the first 7-8 episodes.

Are we talking the old Canadian one, or the new Cartoon one?

1 Like