TV show thread (2013-2022)

Again, JICYMI, yes you can. :smirk:

:+1:

Honestly can’t work out why people bother with so called “Smart TV"s” (So many reports of them being extremely stupid) It’s all u need, and is a thousand times smarter, … and quicker, … and simpler.

Plex is great.
So is Infuse - which transcodes at the source.
Both have a great ATV app.
Saves doing any type of conversion.
Just acquire, name and drop into your folder.
Can start watching on TV and then finish watching on any other number of devices.

2 Likes

Decisions, decisions…Game of Thrones or final eps of Line of Duty s5 or Sé Quien Eres…

Good series unless you’re a lawyer. They don’t get shown in a nice light.

All three shows are 80 odd minutes and I’m opting for Line of Duty…Anna Maxwell Martin from Bleak House and the Bletchley Circle has popped up as an anti-corruption superintendent.

Yep. Mac mini and kodi

1 Like

Did the latest ep of Killing Eve kinda jump the shark?

( JTBC, … The one coming up this w/end on ABC )

Finished the whole series of parks and recreation. One of the funniest shows I have ever seen.

Also the best series finale I have seen. Absolutely perfect.

Ron Swanson is up there with George Constanza as one of my all time favourite tv characters

1 Like

Finally onto the original The Bridge.

Looks like the first American/Mexican series was pretty much a direct translation. Not really the case with the German/Austrian version.

Does anyone know how close the Danish and Swedish, and for that matter Norwegian, languages are?

There’s still a Russian version to make its way here…that’ll make five.

Just a quick heads up that season 3 of Brockmire is under way. I haven’t had the chance to start watching it yet, but it’s about 5 episdoes in at the moment.

I generally can’t stand reality tv shows, but my 11yo son and I have been watching Lego Masters. They have been doing some pretty cool stuff so far, and who doesn’t love Lego?

4 Likes

I missed season 2, and watched the first couple of season 3. I’ve now dropped it. Just a bit too crass for my current tastes.

I usually like to take my time

Enjoying it. One of the better shows out there for mine.

1 Like

Yikes, I never thought there could be a show too crass for you.

Have you ever wondered why I never watch Adam Sandler or Will Ferrell movies any more?

Used to…ten years or more ago…but no longer!

You’re mellowing in your dotage.

Same, this is such a good show. Such a simple idea you wonder why it hadn’t been thought of before.

1 Like

How good would it be to have a room that is just wall to wall Lego of every different type?

2 Likes

As long as it’s not on the floor, and you’re in your bare feet.

If you walk around in bare feet in my Lego room then I have no sympathy for you.

1 Like

My kids have requested such a room when we knock down rebuild.

1 Like