TV show thread (2013-2022)

KODI seemed to ■■■■ itself 8 months ago for me, maybe i just never kept up with all the new playforms to watch.

Too much effort, one stops working you have to find the new streaming add on, then that doesn’t work after a while, and some of the stream quality is crap. I gave up on it and surrendered to just doing Stan, Netflix and Foxtel. Quality is consistent and reliable. ■■■■■■ expensive but

Same, I’m watching it with my wife and both my kids, honestly I can’t think of a tv show we have all watched together before, best bit I’d the kids run off to their rooms afterwards to build.

Great show. Shame it’s over, can’t wait for the next series.

1 Like

No spoilers! We’ve been recording it and only just finished the bridge build episode.

Jacqueline Obradors makes a welcome return to police dramas in Bosch, after a long stint in NYPD Blue which finished quite a few years back.

She’s 52 now, but still hot!

Catch-22 looks good

Fleabag has resumed in rip-roaring style.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge (creator and star) also created the series Killing Eve, and wrote much of the first series. Adapted from a book by someone Jennings.

Fleabag is a real squirmer.

Yep Series 2 was good.

All over though apparently. Waller busy having other successes (Eve) and opportunities.

Seeya FleaBag, … it’s been real.

I don’t think she’s involved with Eve any more.

Has anyone heard Jodie Comer (Villanelle) speaking in her real voice? Unintelligible to Yanks as she’s a real scouser.

Poms often cut these series earlier than Yanks…usually to their eternal benefit. If How I Met Your Mother was English, it would have been over in 2 series.

If Kate Miller-Heidke can’t win Eurovision and just scrapes into the top 10 (after being touted as top 4), then we might as well just not go.

The comp is rigged. Germany got 0 votes from public.

Voting can certainly appear weird at times but no votes for Germany just means no country had them in their top 10. That’s not as strange as Israel and the chicken song winning last year.

I am interested in seeing it, and will reserve judgement on the inevitable comparison with the original which was brilliant from woe to go. One of the things which made the first version so good, was the depth of the cast, it was sensational. hope they don’t rely on Clooney to carry this entire movie, it is a big ask of anyone.

It’s a series, not a movie.

1 Like

Clooney also is not a main focus character

Just finished watching the first episode of the new HBO mini-series Chernobyl.

Couldn’t recommend highly enough.

8 Likes

The voting is the best part of Eurovision: e.g. Greece and Cyprus giving each other 12 points. And yes, that’s why we’ll never win.

In this case Sweden getting a huge popular vote crippled Norway, given they’re part of the same voting bloc.

Have watched all 3 episodes of Chernobyl so far. Really enjoying it - although I have found identifying some of the characters a little difficult given their Russian names and similar appearances. Fortunately this doesn’t distract from the story or the show.

Also it has become even more apparent where the AFL has taken its values from. The USSR communist party and their self congratulating nature is oh so AFLish. We can’t do anything wrong even when a nuclear power plant goes nuclear and threatens to kill many of our own people and a large number of our neighbouring country’s populations. I assume Gorbachev is one of Gill’s hero’s.

2 Likes

Clooney directs catch-22 doesn’t he?

Not a fan of clooney’s directorial work, he’s a poor mans cohen brothers

FGqpfpgggpp

Barry S2 episode 7 and 8 FARK!

2 Likes