TV show thread (2013-2022)

FFS Noonan

Just started watching Mr. Robot. 5 episodes in. Enjoying it so far. A pivot from GOT

1 Like

First ep of Catch 22 is very promising. Great cast, looks fantastic, captures the spirit of the book. Very funny, quite dark.

2 Likes

They’ve made Pam look like The Thing from Fantastic Four in the new series of Archer.
I am not in any way okay with this.

just watched the first season of the US version of the office. Almost identical to the UK one. Does it get better?

Odd to hear that really, …

I straight away thought it vastly different, and also, initially, … that it was shitt becuse of it, … but thankfully I persisted and got over that, and into it for what it was, and enjoyed it in the end.

Sometimes it goes a bit “ridick”, but in the main, was very amusing.

It gets a lot better then drops off at season 8 IMO

1 Like

Dwight Schrute is a beauty - stick with it

As long as Carol’s still unhinged and human I’m okay. Could use some more jokes though for the last three or four seasons. Just a lot of people yelling at each other really.

If anyone liked the very entertaining and offbeat Patriot, Steve Conrad’s new show “Perpetual Grace Ltd” looks the shizz.

I’ve avoided this thread for a bit until I finished Chernobyl. I didn’t want to find out the ending in here.

season2 is good but I think season 3 onwards is where the show becomes one of the best comedies of all time.

2 Likes

Don’t blame you.

Just can’t trust that the desperate need for self importance of some won’t continually trump doing the right thing by others it seems.

1 Like

Yep, once it finds it’s own way and forgets what worked for the UK one it is on fire over dozens of episodes.

2 Likes

Also, … ANIMAL KINGDOM Series 4 has just started.

Ep 2 just aired.

Jodie Comer (Villanelle in Killing Eve) was speaking at a ceremony. Greatest scouser accent ever.

Altered carbon
The 100
Daredevil

No specific order but these are my Top 3 right now
Broadchurch and afterlife not far behind

4 Likes

Happy season 2 just dropped on Netflix.

Giddy up!

Just finished Ozark, looking forward to season 3 coming out later this year. Another program that builds as events and people start to get out of control, although somehow marty byrde is the least interesting character in the series

1 Like

Yeah it’s a good one. Good atmosphere, very good acting. Get on Catch 22 Yoyo, I think you’ll be pleased with your portrayal.

Yes that’s on the list for obvious reasons

1 Like