TV show thread (2013-2022)

Tried Ozark, watched about 3 or 4 eps and it just didn’t grab me.

Fleabag is a great little show

3 Likes

It’s different, that is for sure

It has that perfect blend of desperate loneliness/fuckupness along with laughter that the Brits do so well.

1 Like

She is seriously warped, isn’t she? Similar to Julia Davis.

And the creator and writer of Killing Eve (first series anyway).

1 Like

Just watched Ep 2 of Catch 22 last nite.

The opening scene involving Major Major Major Major with Kyle Chandler had me in fkn tears. :joy:

Had to pause it for 5 minutes to recover.

2 Likes

Fleabag

2 Likes

Just finished watching Chernobyl. Awesome show. Story, characters, music, sound, visual - all absolutely top notch.

5 Likes

Me too. Bleak stuff, just horrendous. The meltdown that is, not the show. Show was great.

I got about fifteen minutes in and decided I wasn’t in the mood for worthy melted faces.

A friend was telling me last night that there is a Russian version being made that blames the explosion on American sabotage!

Being in the Ukraine I’m surprised they don’t just blame them…

Then it would have been a nucular power station.

2 Likes

Currently watching the French crime/mystery series Black Spot.

It’s a dark and atmospheric crime thriller with supernatural themes shot in a beautiful French town in the middle of a forest.

Great cast and great cinematography.

1 Like

Noonan influence?

1 Like

It has no nudity

2 Likes

Not interested then. And I steer well clear of the ‘supernatural themes’ bit.

For instance, I thought Stephen King’s Mr Mercedes Series 1 was excellent, but ep 1 of Series 2 had me saying “that’s enough”. Pity, because Brendan Gleeson is a gun.

1 Like

Brendan Gleeson is a cracker.

He’s made some awesome stuff but none better than In Bruges.

1 Like

Black Mirror, Season Five, Episode 1.

Well that was a terrible disappointment. Worst Black Mirror epsiode I’ve seen. Move aside, The Waldo Moment and 15 Million Merits. I hope it is an aberration not a sign of things to come.

I’m not clicking! Watching it tonight. I’m excited!