TV show thread (2013-2022)

I forgot how scary the 7 Up closing music was.

it’s taken a while to get into back I’m glad i stuck with the Office as suggested by some posters. Just gold!!

recently watched the one where Dwight runs a fire drill in the office, which ends with Stanley having a heart attack. Just fantastic!!

3 Likes

A few episodes into the incredible 1897 era korean zombie series Kingdom.

Impeccably made series with great writing that just so happens to have zombies in it.

Not your typical zombie genre story but genuinely scary moments in it.

Watched the 1st 2 eps of “City on a Hill” the new Kevin Bacon vehicle. Very good.

Noticed Damon/Affleck were co executive producers, and whilst they’ve had some bombs over the years, they get far more things right, and I’d reckon they’ve done that again here.

On Stan, … & wherever else, …

City on a Hill Wikipedia LINK

Not sure if mentioned already but

Time: The Kalief Browder story.

Sad, emotional, anger and disbelief all mixed in. An amazing story.

Seen the first 2 eps.

I’ve also started (and finished) watching a UK police series, London Kills. Gave up after 2 episodes. Does every 4 person group HAVE to have one gay person in the group, and there’s the usual quibbling between the boss and his female sergeant (who’s a smug haggis-eating woman).

There was a show set on the south coast a couple of years ago where 2 of the 5 were gay and the male one had an affair with a criminal lawyer. Cuffs??? maybe.

Righto. These have already been discussed but like most things I’m a bit slow.

I’ve spent the last week on the couch so I’ve been in catch up mode. I’m nearly done with season 2 of The Bridge and loving it. Nearly finished with Parks and Recreation. Will be a bit sad when that’s done. Mrs. K is pretty keen to get me on Pretty Little Liars so that’s probably next. Although Stranger Things might interrupt that when season 3 starts.

Parks and recreation imo has the greatest series finale I have ever seen

1 Like

Really? You beauty!

I should just about be there by tomorrow night I reckon. That’s if I don’t make myself a canoe in the mean time.

1 Like

I stuffed that up too. Big Little Lies is what I’m meant to be watching.

1 Like

Freudian slip hey Klawdy. :wink:

1 Like

Watching ‘When they see us’ about an hour in and my blood is boiling

2 Likes

Which is why I won’t be watching it.

I do that enough watching what goes on daily in the Horror Movie (it’s the 6.30 News), … I don’t need to bash in hour upon hour more of it in my "Escape " time.

1 Like

People still watch the news. :scream:

2 Likes

so how did you watch this??

London Kills from torrents, Cuffs was on ABC (2015 series).

Just finished it and it’s ■■■■■■ brilliant!

The last ep may be one of the best single “episodes” I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

I stopped watching when the kids came along and have not missed it at all.

Watch Time The Kalief Browder story. If you want further blood boiling.

Latest ep of ABC news was about how effective youth centres have been in the NT and how the Libs are reducing funding for them. It’s thrilling tv.

But to keep it on track, farking Years and Years, it’s about as ‘on’ as tv gets.