TV show thread (2013-2022)

Good isn’t it.

Scarily good, as in scarily prescient you could think. Very entertaining at the same time

1 Like

They are going to make a LOTR tv series with filming in NZ and produced by Amazon. Claims that the series will cost $1.5 billion to make.

Anyone heard what it might be based on, what side story they are running with?

Just a guess but it would have to be before the Hobbit.

wait til they ruin wheel of time.

or his dark materials.

Silmarillion?

Have heard they’re writing the 5th series of Blackadder. University setting in modern day.

4 Likes

I’m loving Kyle Chandler’s performance as Col. Cathcart in Catch-22. George Clooney originally cast himself, but ended up taking a smaller part. George could have done it, as his character (Scheisskopf - German for ■■■■■■■■) has the same manic characteristics.

Hugh Laurie as Maj de Coverley is good too. His scene when he drove into Bologna was amusing.

1 Like

It’s really great. Wanted it to keep going but they were right to limit it. The guy playing Yossarian was brilliant, trod a really nice line between comic and tragic, as did the whole shebang.

1 Like

I didn’t know the guy playing Yo-yo (or Milo or MMMM or most of the others though).

Yep just finished it what an amazing journey.
The Oprah interview with the cast and the exonerated 5 after is some hard watching

Finished Catch-22. Pretty good in the way a mini-series covers so much more than a film can.

Great performance by Christopher Abbott as Yossarian. I wasn’t familiar with him, but then I didn’t watch Girls.

Stranger things latest season so good. Watched like 5 episode last night only 1 to go.

1 Like

That’s great to hear. You always wonder when it’s going to begin to decline.

I remember him in the Sinner

Nor have I seen Sinner.

Season 2 of Happy is just next level fkd up.

Pretty good series. Especially season 1. Although a couple of episodes are pretty full on.

2 Likes

Xavier Campbell’s acting in stranger things was pretty good. Didn’t know he could speak Russian as well.

6 Likes

Up to date with Better Call Saul, don’t mind it. Though I think it needs to finish soon, Gus Grink is aging terribly at the moment and now looks older than he did in Breaking Bad