TV show thread (2013-2022)

Digging Euphoria

I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not going to watch it anymore!

I was wondering if it was just me. There was a bit of déjà vu when I watched the recording.

Now watching on iView.

The best thing I get from watching the iview episode is the news that the ABC is making a Les Norton series.

2 Likes

@Mackster how did you find Russian Dolls in the end?

I thought it was brilliant. Great characters. There is a good article in the guardian explaining the layers of context and information - most
Of which I missed.

I just finished S3 of Stranger Things. These kind of shows aren’t usually my thing these days but I loved it.

4 Likes

I recon it’s the best telly since breaking bad.

Superb 80s nostalgia- all it needed was the mind flayer sporting a pair of adidas Rome’s

2 Likes

I think it was 8 espisides.

I got through them in a weekend.

It’s unbearably bad. I can’t agree with this love of Stranger Things, fair enough if you dig it but it’s a stinking mess of obnoxious kid actors, manufactured nostalgia and blatant rip off masquerading as homage. Duffer brothers indeed. I will say for kids maybe it’s a gateway to some sweet, but really not that great, movies and music from the eighties. But then their gen x parents have probably already forced them to watch all of that.

Yeah I know, “they’re raping my childhood memories!”

Try to stay very still ■■■■■■ choir, it will all be over soon

3 Likes

only watched a couple the first night as it was a work night.

I honestly thought about rummaging around for a bong and 10 yo weed at one stage.

It’s like watching X files again.

How olds Nancy - is it wrong to have a thing for her if I’m 43

On reflection there’s so many things offensive about this post I should be ashamed.

However I’m not.

1 Like

Brb, just going to find my psychologist hat. It could be a long day.

Saw the ad for that last night. Looking forward to it. Hopefully based around the early books which were pretty good. Later books became a bit formulaic in that he goes to a new town, enjoys some local food, belts up some local hoods, r00ts a local woman, and somehow makes a dollar out of it.

Day off - I’ve found myself at 11es.

I’m not sure what that means but I’m bored as a fruitbat who’s eaten all the fruit.

Not even sure what that means.

Bex and a lie down methinks.

Drapes need dusting

1 Like

This season of Stranger Things was easily the best season so far.

5 Likes

@AVanderScreamer - I never got to episode 3 but not because I lost interest - just lost time to watch it!

Good to know it will be worth it.

1 Like

Also has Tom Fontana attached as executive producer, which peaked my interest as he was the showrunner for Homicide: Life on the Street and the criminally underrated Oz.

1 Like

What’s he doing in Tassie?

Have you tried The Bureau @Alan_Noonan_10?

French spy series involving the DGSE (their CIA), with the protagonist Malotru returning to France after a 6 year stretch undercover in Syria, where he had to abruptly abandon the woman he was in love with.

Against policy he keeps his alias alive and meets up with her when she arrives in France, now as part of a secret negotiating team for the Assad regime, in doing so jeopardising both his and her safety, as he must protect her from the Assad regime finding out he is a spy, whilst also preventing his own agency from finding out he is violating the rules.

The other main storylines in Season 1 involve trying to recover a missing Algerian spy and training up a new recruit to infiltrate Iran.

Highly recommended if you haven’t seen it. SBS on Demand has 4 seasons available.

2 Likes