TV show thread (2013-2022)

Oz was insanely good. I have been considering watching the lot again as my partner hasn’t seen it and would love it.

1 Like

Got it in my SBS Favourites but haven’t got round to it yet.

Started on a new Spanish series Gigantes (Giants) but not a big fan of drug-dealing stuff. Other things to watch that don’t sicken me.

Still wading through the original Swedish Bridge, but it seems as if the American-Mexican version was a direct copy, albeit much warmer, so mightn’t bother in the short term.

And up to date with City on a Hill. Article in the Green Guide about it this morning, but mainly from Kevin Bacon’s viewpoint. I find it a smidge confusing.

There’s another series on - Jett with Carla Gugino…worth a squiz. She’s still smoking hot at 50 odd.

I think she was 17/18 first season, dirt bag.

How about Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke’s daughter. She’ll be a hell of an actress.

Have watched the first ep of The Bureau now.

Prepared to watch the deuxième Bureau episode now.

Season 1 & 2 have just been re-uploaded for another year or 2, Season 3 expires at the end of the month, but given 1 & 2 expired at the end of June, I would imagine they’ll renew the licence like the first 2 seasons.

I haven’t watched the original season of Broen for eons, but the Tunnel certainly tried to be the most different of the international copies (I haven’t seen Pagan’s Peak), whilst keeping the villain’s raison d’être and general endgame. From memory, the US version mainly differed in 2 aspects: sub-plots and by making it more US friendly by sanitising certain moments. The main differences in favour of the Broen/Bron is whilst it is the colder show, it gave better character moments to Sofia Helin’s character and I think the detective’s family were better developed and given more to do. If you’ve seen the US version, I’m not sure you really need to watch all of Season 1 as the key plotting is the same with only a couple of exceptions - you should watch the final episode though as it affects a key storyline for Season 2.

I’ll concentrate on The Bureau pro tem.

Just shattered that my ‘deuxième Bureau’ line was missed…shattered.

Pagan Peak had similarities but many concrete differences. I had a comment the other day about the US sanitising unsavoury story lines.

The Bureau should be called Spooques though. Similar to the long-running English series that launched a lot of careers…Armitage, McFadyen, Hawes, Nicola Walker.

Have you heard anything on Berlin Station? It’ll be interesting to see what direction they take that.

Wee bit before my time…I didn’t understand the deuxième Bureau reference without googling it.

Re: Berlin Station. I haven’t watched the 3rd season yet, so I haven’t looked into it to avoid inadvertently spoiling the season, but I did see headlines a few months back that Epix had cancelled the show.

If you hadn’t already heard, Amazon Prime have just won the rights to make a Jack Reacher TV series. Given what they’ve achieved with Bosch, they’ve got a real opportunity to produce the definitive take on the character, especially given only Tom Cruise is in the space.

1 Like

Ta. Berlin Station had reached a critical point. Pity not to see Esther Krug again. I’ll have to keep a strong look on IMDB + German movies on SBS.

Peter Dinklage for Jack Reacher?

It was funny with Bosch. I used to follow the Connelly website many years back and they always had a thread going with who should play Bosch. Titus Welliver was not a popular choice, but I reckon he’s Bosch from top to bottom…of course, adding on 20 years to his service moving him from a Vietnam War tunnel rat to a Gulf War veteran. I’m wondering if they’ll add Renée Ballard into the mix, now the books are combining the two characters. I understand that someone else has the rights to the Mickey Haller character (The Lincoln Lawyer) so they have to use Mimi Rogers as his lawyer.

Seen 3 eps of The Bureau now.

I’ve pulled the pin on Wentworth.
Mainly because what they’ve done to Will Jackson is so friggin’ stupid, but the sealer was hearing they’ve approved another season.
They had the Bea arc.
They had the Joan arc.
They had a season to wrap up.
And this season is just aimless.

Up til this season it’s been outstanding.

Epix have cancelled Berlin Station, so @Dunlop on the money. As usual!

Interesting watching The Bureau. You get so used to the British and American spy series that you forget the French have different interests. Series 1 largely based around Syria and Algeria.

The show died when they got rid of the freak, she was great.
Jackson is so dumb it’s stupid

1 Like

Ally annoys me.
Lags with impunity, constantly.

Should have just given Boomer and Lizzie and Vera conclusions and shut it down.

1 Like
4 Likes
2 Likes

Season 3 of La Casa de Papel aka Money Heist is out on Netflix. Thought it was all over but they’re back. So good.

1 Like

Stranger Things 3 totally redeemed Stranger Things 2.

2 Likes

Isn’t the first season of jack recher already out? Stars Jim from the IS version of the office.

That’s Jack Ryan.

Ahhh. More Jack’s than the st kilda footy team. Thanks

2 Likes