TV show thread (2013-2022)

Is the Jack Ryan series any good? I thought one film with Chris Pine and Keira Knightly was an abhorrence.

it wasn’t bad, but it comes across as john krasinski trying to be cool.

trying to be cool, the man married emily blunt, he is the epitome of cool :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Chuck is forever ingrained in my brain.

Finally finished Parks and Recreation.

I think I need a hug.

6 Likes

Escape at Donnemora on Stan is great, even though Eps 5 & 6 were a bit slow.

Ben Stiller can direct & it maybe something he can hang his hat on, as his acting isn’t great.

1 Like

Finished Series 1 of The Bureau.

The three Masterchef hosts, including George Calombaris, have quit the show after being refused a 40% pay rise.

George probably needed that to pay his $200k fine.

3 Likes

Meh Masterchef was getting boring anyway. Only so much drama and hysterics can be manufactured from a cooking show.

Under paying people what they are entitled to is a ■■■■ act.

1 Like

Chernobyl :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I agree but this is rife in the industry as a whole, and has been for a long time. Go to the cheap Asian restaurants and most of the staff are being paid cash in hand, and far less than the award.

My wife worked in some places when she was a student and got absolutely ripped off. This was 15 years ago.

One of the issues is on a student visa you can only work limited hours. However, the students need to work to support themselves hence want cash in hand too, and then get underpaid.

The whole system is a mess, it is just celebrity chefs doing it makes headlines. Pretty despicable because they are earnings millions and not just scraping by.

1 Like

Shitt hosts of Shitt show turn out to be Shitt people…

Shocked.

Watch “The Boys”.

2 Likes

I have binged watched wentworth entirely over about 2 months. Hands down the best Australian show ever. The plots are very over the top, but the acting and dialogue is brilliant, and the OTT storylines. I just cannot resist it. Agree with the Will thing is too far a stretch, but it’s still ■■■■■■ entertaining

I started Chernobyl only Ep1 and havent got back to it yet. I think I was in the category of having grown up when it happened, and perhaps the horror didn’t shock me. I have not heard a single person not say anything but superlatives about it, so I will have to continue.
Trouble is there is so much good TV series, it’s ridiculous. Its too hard to watch more than 1 or 2 at the same time, as in a week. Just gets too much time and too much for the brain to keep up

2 Likes

Just about finished Series 2 of The Bureau.

Sensational spy show. Intrigued to see where Series 3 takes us.

Started re-watching Sopranos again.

2nd best TV drama ever. Love it

2 Likes

I started watching stranger things, Didnt think I would like that Genre, but its pretty good. Only one picky thing, I think Winona is way to frantic and manic all the time. Its a tad over acting . The rest of it is quite enjoyable. It definitely feels like a Spielberg or Steven King movie to watch, the innocence of the adolescent kids with the pure evil lurking beneath, pretty gripping stuff

The first had better be The Wire…

(And I agree with you about second best - superb show)

3 Likes