Ufc

Read an article the other day where they thought he was getting 65 mill. Crazy money if true.

1 Like

You should never hold another dudes purse.

3 Likes

UFC has never been the same for me since Jones pulverised Machida.

2 Likes

Jones has pulverized a lot of guys. Cormier would be considered GOAT if it wasn’t for Jones.

Greatest fight I have ever seen was Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson. That was an epic fight. I actually thought Gustafsson won it.

3 Likes

GSP & Silva would be the two greatest fighters of all time. So many title defenses. Jones is arguably the most gifted fighter of all time (and hardly trained for many of his fights). His out of ring issues have cost him. Fedor was unstoppable for a long time, but wouldn’t fight in the UFC. Fought a lot of bums in Pride & a few decent fighters. Was unbelievable, but never the same after the Werdum defeat.

Personally feel Silva was overrated. He defeated many spuds during his time as champ.

Win 33–4 Stephan Bonnar TKO (knee to the body and punches) UFC 153 October 13, 2012 1 4:40 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Light Heavyweight bout. Extended UFC record for most consecutive wins (16). Bonnar tested positive for a boldenone metabolite.[142]
Win 32–4 Chael Sonnen TKO (knee to the body and punches) UFC 148 July 7, 2012 2 1:55 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Defended the UFC Middleweight Championship. Extended record for most consecutive title defenses (10). Knockout of the Night.
Win 31–4 Yushin Okami TKO (punches) UFC 134 August 27, 2011 2 2:04 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Defended the UFC Middleweight Championship.
Win 30–4 Vitor Belfort KO (front kick and punches) UFC 126 February 5, 2011 1 3:25 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Defended the UFC Middleweight Championship. Knockout of the Night.
Win 29–4 Chael Sonnen Submission (triangle armbar) UFC 117 August 7, 2010 5 3:10 Oakland, California, United States Defended the UFC Middleweight Championship. Submission of the Night. Fight of the Night. Sonnen tested positive for elevated testosterone levels.[57]
Win 28–4 Demian Maia Decision (unanimous) UFC 112 April 10, 2010 5 5:00 Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Defended the UFC Middleweight Championship. Broke record for most consecutive title defenses (6).
Win 27–4 Forrest Griffin KO (punch) UFC 101 August 8, 2009 1 3:23 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States Light Heavyweight bout. Knockout of the Night. Fight of the Night. Griffin tested positive for illegal substances.
Win 26–4 Thales Leites Decision (unanimous) UFC 97 April 18, 2009 5 5:00 Montreal, Quebec, Canada Defended the UFC Middleweight Championship. Broke the UFC record for most consecutive wins (9).
Win 25–4 Patrick Côté TKO (knee injury) UFC 90 October 25, 2008 3 0:39 Rosemont, Illinois, United States Defended the UFC Middleweight Championship.
Win 24–4 James Irvin KO (punches) UFC Fight Night: Silva vs. Irvin July 19, 2008 1 1:01 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Light Heavyweight bout. Irvin tested positive for methadone and oxymorphone.[34]
Win 23–4 Dan Henderson Submission (rear-naked choke) UFC 82 March 1, 2008 2 4:50 Columbus, Ohio, United States Defended the UFC Middleweight Championship and unified the Pride Welterweight Championship. Submission of the Night. Fight of the Night.
Win 22–4 Rich Franklin TKO (knees) UFC 77 October 20, 2007 2 1:07 Cincinnati, Ohio, United States Defended the UFC Middleweight Championship. Knockout of the Night.
Win 21–4 Nate Marquardt TKO (punches) UFC 73 July 7, 2007 1 4:50 Sacramento, California, United States Defended the UFC Middleweight Championship. Knockout of the Night.
Win 20–4 Travis Lutter Submission (triangle choke with elbows) UFC 67 February 3, 2007 2 2:11 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Non-title bout; Lutter missed weight (187 lbs).
Win 19–4 Rich Franklin KO (knee) UFC 64 October 14, 2006 1 2:59 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States Won the UFC Middleweight Championship. Knockout of the Night.

Yep, I rate GSP as the greatest ever. He fought stacks of very good fighters (also I never really liked Silva).

The Dragon is my all time favourite (takes me back to the karate kid), unfortunately not a contender anymore.

3 Likes

I still remember him winning the decision over Rua in their first fight. What a joke of a decision that was.

Got a bunch of emails for this thread and figured it would be over the brawl.

I have absolutely no understanding why people are upset by this. The guy is a Russian mob-linked professional fighter from Dagestan, who was abused racially, had his family abused, attacked when he had no chance to defend himself and then the UFC used that to “promote” the fight. Conor prances around talking about being a gangsta - you reap what you sow. Those Russians are different, you want to call people terrorists, call their family “cowards”… what the hell did you expect to happen?

Lets also not forget Conor threw the first cheap shot in the brawl, hitting Khabib’s brother who wasn’t even going after Conor.

Now… having said that, appreciate the awesomness of a guy smashing a camp’s top dog for four rounds, then jumping the cage to go solo at his entire fkn team. Iconic.

3 Likes

and GSP is by far the greatest of all time to the point it’s not even close.

2 Likes

The only thing I regret khabib not doing was actually snapping that ■■■■■ arm or putting him to sleep.
Oh well, he’ll prob get another chance to do it next time around

I don’t care what nationality he was, I’m not sure he expected him to fly over the cage after the match and attack Conor’s training crew? Leave it in the ring. He’d won, he could of came of looking like a hero and instead he’s just ruined his career and at best will be hated for life and really just made himself look like an idiot. There’s literally no excuse for that and he’ll be punished accordingly by the NSC.

And didn’t Conor attack Khabib on the bus because he saw footage of Khabib and his bunch of cronies found one of Conor’s training team, corned him as a group, put his hands on him and threaten him? I think people assume Conor did the attack for no reason. And then Conor saw Khabib and his bunch of mates corner this guy alone and tried to do the same to Khabib?

1 Like

Love ya Conor but please no rematch, it’s the worst stylistic match up and it won’t end well a second time. Time for Nate #3 or Furgerson whilst Khabib serves a suspension.

Rematch yuk!

I don’t want to see that, i don’t see how it changes from the first fight at all. Unless it’s fake.

Conor cared what nationality he was. He’s made his name off being as personal as possible to people, trying to dig up their personal lives and abuse them based off their country, social norms and beliefs. He purposely tried to be as derogatory as possible and he paid the price, it was brilliant.

You’re nuts if you think this makes Khabib disliked. He’s more liked than ever before. His Instagram followers grew by MILLIONS in just a few hours. He will cop a slap on the wrist fine, short suspension and he will move on as champion, while Conor’s whole persona has been destroyed.

The bus incident happened because Artem Lobov abused Khabib in a video. When Khabib saw him, he confronted Artem. They all walked away. Conor, coked up, flew to New York with as many people as possible to throw stuff at a bus the night before a fight, ruining the card.

Conor has also jumped the fence and gone after fighters - it earnt him a title shot.

He has also jumped INTO the cage and slapped a member of the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Fact is, Conor has done way more than Khabib did, and the UFC used it to promote him.

2 Likes

CONOR McGregor will be forced to answer for his role in the violent aftermath to his fight with Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 229 in Las Vegas.

McGregor initially escaped punishment after two separate brawls involving the two fighters ignited at T-Mobile Arena, but a review of the footage has prompted the Nevada State Athletic Commission to prepare a complaint against the Irishman.

This isn’t really my sport in depth of knowledge, so a genuine question: is 38yo getting a bit long in the tooth for GSP ? I always dislike boxers going well past their prime and degrading a legacy, how self aware are the MMA guys of their abilities?

Edit: a quick bit of research after posting this reveals that Liddell wants to make a comeback to fight Ortiz again. So I guess that answers the last question - not overly.

Depends on a lot of things but 38 isn’t extremely old, but it’s past the prime.

Some guys don’t even start training until late 20’s or early 30’s, so they don’t have the wear and tear on the body. GSP has been in some absolute wars since he was about 20 and his body isn’t what it used to be. He prepares ridiculously well so can still hang but he’s not in his prime.

The Liddell vs Ortiz fight is a bit of a joke! They definitely shouldn’t have let Liddell fight, the guy seems a bit punch drunk.