Uh Dalgleish?

Kommer could stick a tackle from memory. I love Zerrett and Gleeson et al but I shudder at the thought of them attempting a game saving tackle.

Zerrett.... CAN TACKLE
Yeah Zerrett tackles well above his weight. He's small, but not weedy.

Kommer could stick a tackle from memory. I love Zerrett and Gleeson et al but I shudder at the thought of them attempting a game saving tackle.

Zerrett.... CAN TACKLE

I reckon he struggled to stick a tackle in his first few games. It was probably an early weakness in his game. It took him all of about 3 weeks to address it, and now - as you say - he tackles well above his weight. He's a quick learner, on top of everything else.  

He may be good for his weight, and generally high standard, but his tackling vs. Carlton was woeful.

is Dalgleish a long term option. Blitz has a track record of hyping players after a few games. Remember O'Brien.

The only way they'd be successful at a game saving tackle is if they whipped it out and distracted the opposition player from their kick!!!

Dalgleish showed the sort of dash of half back that would fill a Dempsey-sized gap

Zerrett.... CAN TACKLE

I reckon he struggled to stick a tackle in his first few games. It was probably an early weakness in his game. It took him all of about 3 weeks to address it, and now - as you say - he tackles well above his weight. He's a quick learner, on top of everything else.  

He had 2 & 3 tackles in his first two 'games' - a quarter and a bit in both.

His first whole game he had 5 tackles, & 6 in his next. Tackles don't get credited if they slip off.

I don't know what any of you are smoking, the very very first thing I saw of him was 'geez that little kid can tackle really well'.

Gleeson, well, yeah - he's 2-3 inches taller & 6kg lighter - proper stickman.

But Zerrett is a really really good tackler and will only get better with even one full pre-season into him.

Even without considering about 99.9999% of AFL players are bigger than him - which is well worth considering.

While I would agree Zerrett is generally a good tackler, he did not perform well in this area last week

Really need to be good enough to push Winders out of the 22 next season if we want to win the premiership next year. Having Winders in our worse 6 of the 22 will make us a GUN side.

Chances of this happening is pretty small though.