UNDEFEATED -- the 2022 VFLW season summary

7 Likes

Yep, we got the shiny thing,

1 Like

The shiny bloody heavy thing.

1 Like

It was a valid night to end on We are the Champions, not Living on a Prayer.

1 Like

Someone at the club liked it too.

3 Likes

CBomb’s pin:

4 Likes

Did you put it back?

1 Like

I forgot to add, much much earlier, the good version of the shirt detail.

@BomberMik’s Lisa Williams (inaugural captain) was there tonight.

3 Likes

As was Ash Brown - the inaugural ops manager. :heart:

2 Likes

Excellent. Now. Do we suspect there may be some kind of connection between Ash and Lisa?

Maaaaaaaaybe

1 Like

I didn’t bother explaining because everyone here is very stoned.

The top ten tally is at the bottom. Zanchetta led after the first 6 rounds, and Ashley-Cooper after 11 rounds (injury removed her from 2 of the last 3 rounds). That wasn’t the difference, as the top two also missed 2 games during the H&A.

Georgia Nanscawen has topped off being a Premiership co-captain with winning the VFLW Bombers’ best & fairest award for 2022.

In the side’s undefeated Premiership-winning season, Nanscawen claimed the award ahead of ruckman Simone Nalder and star defender Alex Morcom in a close count which saw a series of different leaders throughout the rounds.

After six rounds, Nanscawen wasn’t even in the top 10 vote getters, but a stunning run of form from there catapulted the 30-year-old into first place.

The individual honour caps off a year of extreme highs and lows for Nanscawen, who became the Bombers’ first ever AFLW signing ahead of their inaugural season.

But in the final quarter of the Dons’ emphatic Grand Final win, Nanscawen’s AFLW season dreams were crushed after succumbing to an ACL injury.

Nanscawen’s best & fairest award will hopefully provide a lift for the midfielder as she enters her rehabilitation program to return to playing.

In other awards, 2021 best & fairest Eloise Ashley-Cooper was awarded the Dons’ Best Finals Player award.

First-year forward Renee Tierney solidified her status as a player with a bright future after winning the Most Valuable Young Player award.

Winger Courtney Ugle earned Don of the Year as the players’ player, while Federica Frew claimed the Leading Goalkicker award with her 35 majors across the season.

Runner Andy Rowe was voted the Liberty Legend by the playing group for his tireless work all year, while defender Kendra Heil took home Best Clubwoman as voted by club staff.

2022 ESSENDON VFLW AWARD WINNERS B&F - TOP 10

Player Points
Georgia Nanscawen 68
Simone Nalder 62
Alex Morcom 61
Eloise Ashley-Cooper 59
Amelia Radford 59
Renee Tierney 57
Dani Marshall 55
Jordan Zanchetta 56
Mia-Rae Clifford 52
Joanne Doonan 50
5 Likes

@theDJR were you in the running for the legend award?? At least vflw Essendon supporter of the year!

2 Likes

Given there were bugger-all “outsiders” there, I reckon I already won.

Thanks to Charlotte Miller!

3 Likes

This thread is just bragging now. I got invited and you didn’t.

2 Likes
  1. BURN in the caption below, and from an unexpected source.
  2. Yes, they gave away their GF jumpers.

3 Likes
2 Likes

My fav player❤️

1 Like

Direct link to full video:

1 Like