EFC clothing discussions (2019 onwards)

We wish them well in their future endeavours, I guess.

8 Likes

What have learnt from it?

1 Like

Do we have a rookie sponsors list?

6 Likes

Good. ISC stuff was crap.

I wonder if we got all our money?

2 Likes

I think ISC are going into liquidation. It was a 5 year deal when we signed it

Anywhere to watch the presser?

I read about this, couldn’t think of a downside, so came to Blitz to be enlightened.

8 Likes

I just got my letter from X. Driving underarm innovation.

Today we are thrilled to announce our club has entered into a historic partnership with the global leader of performance footwear, apparel and equipment, Under Armour.

The Bombers become the first AFL club to partner with the Baltimore-based sports manufacturing heavyweights.

The five-year deal will see Under Armour become the Dons’ new apparel partner, supplying the team’s playing and performance apparel, footwear and compression, as well as the club’s retail apparel range.

Essendon chief executive officer Xavier Campbell said it was a significant signing for the club.

“This is an exciting and substantial partnership for the Essendon Football Club, and we are delighted to be welcoming a global company in Under Armour to the red and black family,” Campbell said.

“This deal unites two high-performing, ambitious brands who will challenge the Australian sports market and always aspire to be the best.

“We have worked closely with Under Armour with performance solutions anchored on innovation and design, whilst staying true to the history of the club and our iconic sash, a design that our supporters have cherished for over 148 years.

“Under Armour partners with some of the biggest sporting identities and brands worldwide and we are delighted it saw fit to partner with our club.

“We thank Kevin, Fernando and their teams for their commitment to the Essendon Football Club and we look forward to a long and successful relationship with Under Armour over the years to come.”

Under Armour founder and chief executive officer Kevin Plank was at The Hangar today to formally announce the partnership.

“This partnership is a big moment for Under Armour. With such a strong history in American Football, we’re excited to bring our performance solutions to life in Australia’s most iconic sport – Australian Football,” Plank said.

“Essendon’s history and proud winning tradition are unparalleled, and I can’t think of a better partner for Under Armour.”

Fernando Reani, managing director of Under Armour Australia and New Zealand, said it was an important partnership.

“We are proud to partner with Essendon Football Club, one of the most iconic, established and successful clubs in the history of Australian Football,” Reani said.

“Under Armour’s mission is to make athletes better. It is the common values shared by our brand and the Essendon Football Club that make this partnership an exciting one for our future here in Australia.”

Essendon’s official Under Armour guernsey will be released for sale in early November and will be available for purchase at The Bomber Shop, www.underarmour.com.au and Rebel Sport stores. To join the conversation, follow Under Armour on Instagram and Facebook using #CALLTOARMS.

3 Likes

Another big signing… just like Amart. We’re really building up a strong sponsor base

I must be the only person who liked the ISC range. I thought it was great. They did a good job on our Guernseys and the off field apparel was good imo. They also made fat ■■■■■■■ sizes for blokes like me.

No idea about under armour. Why don’t they sponsor any other footy clubs?

3 Likes

Can you hear the drums?

1 Like

I didn’t mind their stuff as well wob. I’ll reserve judgement until I see what UA gear is like, hopefully it’s good. As long as they don’t butcher the jumper Adidas style…

meh.

win football matches please.

16 Likes

How is it a historic partnership?

First time in history that UA has supplied an AFL team?

Time to chuck out all the ISC stuff now I suppose?

1 Like

from EFC site:

About Under Armour, Inc.

Under Armour, Inc., headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, is a leading inventor, marketer and distributor of branded performance athletic apparel, footwear and accessories. Designed to make all athletes better, the brand’s innovative products are sold worldwide to consumers with active lifestyles. The company’s Connected Fitness™ platform powers the world’s largest digitally connected health and fitness community.

Under Armour athletes currently include:

• Basketballer Stephen Curry – three-time NBA Champion and two-time NBA MVP.
  • American Footballer Tom Brady – one of the all-time greatest quarterback in NFL history.
  • Celebrity actor Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson
  • Golfer Jordan Spieth – winner of the US PGA, US Open and Open Championship tournaments.
  • Footballer Trent Alexander-Arnold – Liverpool and England’s UEFA Champions League-winning full-back.

Under Armour AU athletes & teams include:

• Sydney FC
  • Patty Mills
  • Sally Fitzgibbons
  • Madison di Rozario
  • James Newbury
  • Milos Ninkovic
  • Chloe Logarzo
  • Danielle Scott
  • Liz Clay

[quote=“Bomb_Doe, post:32, topic:16961”]
“We are extremely pleased ISC, SKINS and New Era will be part of our comeback story,” Campbell said.

“These are three innovative and progressive sports brands, and their decision to partner with Essendon is an important step in the future direction of our Club…The range of on-field apparel, compression technology and headwear is dynamic

So as I read it we are giving up dynamism and progression in favour of design, but keeping innovation. Good to see the tough calls being made.

2 Likes

My boy Trent Alexander-Arnold is a UA athlete.

1 Like