EFC clothing discussions (2019 onwards)

The Puma gear was great! Would be on board if we made that change.

1 Like

After the guernsey carnage on the weekend (well Hobbs and Stringer), lets add UA to the calls for a review. Obviously can’t handle the pressure.

Look at the Essendon Instagram post of wright and Shiel modelling the new jumper.

It looks loose around the shoulder in the shot of Peter bouncing the ball and Shiel baulking.

You want it tight so opposition can’t slip their hand into the jumper and tackle

That’s just the jumpers they are modelling. When they get properly fitted it won’t be an issue.

However the long-sleeve jumper is an issue. That random bit of red on the right shoulder. Why? They seem to find new ways each year to ■■■■ around with what is a simple jumper design.

5 Likes

And to follow, what appears to be the retail jumper (sleeveless) has the splash of red around the right shoulder, whilst the player issue jumper, as modelled by Shiel, doesn’t have it:

Retail

Player issue

WTF? Like last year when they had the 150 year logo at the hip for the retail jumpers, yet on the ones the players wore it was high on the left side of the chest. Can’t they get anything right? @benzina penny for your thoughts on this latest abomination?

1 Like

And the one you can buy has a split at the seam at the bottom of the jumper, but the actual player jumper doesn’t. Same deal with the round under armour logo on the bottom right.

And the clash jumper is just weird. Looks like a silly training or pre season jumper with the camo styling.

Seriously, why do they make this so hard? Just make an Essendon jumper and let the fans buy the same one the players wear.

5 Likes

Fk UA off with Amart thanks Vozzo.

1 Like

Slipping a hand into a jumper like that to lay a tackle runs the risk of hand injury.

Source: I did that once playing footy and ripped a tendon in my thumb.

Under Armour sucks balls.

Sums up this club, its just an unappealing pile of sh-t wherever you turn.

Can we pay Nike or Adidas to make our merch.

6 Likes

and why do Bombershop ship to the US but won’t ship to the UK?

I feel your frustration Smooth…we can only hope that the player issue jumper as seen on Shiel, is the one they use on field next year.
I too, very much hate those completely unnecessary and distracting red pin strips, but particularly the one on the cuff, so hopefully, the Shiel one is the one we use on field.
On a positive note, the horrible black seam that ran across the front and base of the sash last year, looks to have been banished, or is at least on the very side…so that’s a good thing.
As far as the retail version goes, if it is in fact different from the player version issue (which it absolutely shouldn’t be), then i can only suggest getting a black fabric felt pen, and blackening out the red pin strips.
This club always seems to give us some anxiety over what is (or should be) , one of the simplest, most iconic, and sensational looking sporting jumpers in the world…They simply do not understand, “We’re BLACK, with a tight RED SASH, and nothing else required.”

Then there’s the clash Jumper …they should put alternating horizontal thin black pin strips throughout the red background, in order to highlight the sash, and it would still for-fill its function as a clash jumper.

3 Likes

Likely Essendon jumper $100. Essendon ‘match’ jumper $250.

1 Like

Sadly that wouldn’t surprise me one bit. Becoming commonplace with soccer shirts. Liverpool, and most of the clubs who have Nike as their kit manufacturer, have what they call a “stadium” shirt, designed for fans, a replica of the kit the players wear but is made with a more generous fit, sturdier material, etc, which is cheaper than the player issue shirts, which are an exact spec to what the actual players wear on field. More tighter fit, lighter material, designed for performance, but you pay like $60 more for the privilege.

3 Likes

I was half joking, but if that’s the norm in soccer then it’s pretty much 100% what is going to happen.

2 Likes

What do the NFL do, thats who AFL generally try and follow.
Hence tried guernseys with names on back etc.

Men’s Under Armour Black Cincinnati Bearcats Pick-A-Player NIL Replica Football Jersey (gobearcats.com)

2 Likes

Under armour is ■■■■■.

The later Addidas stuff and Puma stuff was the best. ISC was total trash.

3 Likes

Worst 150th jersey ever. Then don’t make it available to actually buy, then release, albeit under nice circumstances, a horrific ANZAC Day jersey, then follow up with this!! Wtf is the sleeve?!!??

Ffs as of yesterday Cale Hooker was the link to the on-field section of the shop and the link doesn’t work!!
At Christmas!!!

How on earth is that acceptable? at least make sure the A-Mart logo black!! Even make it looks like the old speed kills logo, anything but the just heinous slab of Navy.

Who ever runs this department on our end needs to be fired in the most brutal manner.
On top of the cluster ■■■■ this person runs you can barely buy a pet outfit or a polo shirt that doesn’t look like a billboard at a go kart race.

Just so useless and so reflexive of how far we’ve slipped off flield

3 Likes

I honestly thought he had a long sleeved t shirt on under the jumper, had to look twice to realise it was in fact the ugliest long sleeve I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

The club listened to fans complaining that focusing on anything besides winning on field was a waste of time and a distraction.

The e-commerce manager and digital marketing intern tried to argue that whether they did their job or not didn’t really impact how the players are playing but they were told “if the club has success on field it will all take care of itself”.

I didn’t mind the ISC stuff but it coincided with our signing with pox sponsors.

Adidas gear (minus the jumper) was always my fav tho.

Puma made our best jumpers.

2 Likes