Under the knife

I did mine and had the op about 8 years ago. To be honest my memory is a bit hazy, but I think you’d be walking fairly normally in about 4 weeks but I doubt you’d be doing that type of work until about the 8 week mark.

But like I said I’m a bit hazy. Plus how much you get into the rehab will affect it.

Btw our asada insider cerberus reports that Stants, Carlisle, Hepps and Tbell all about to have surgery..

Certainly looked like stants was playing hindered for 2nd half of the season. Surpirsed with Carlisle..

Can the club PLEASE MAKE SURE we certified-in-triplicate written approval from the AFL on the surgeon we use?

We had better not be doing this surgery off-site.

It's not about whether the surgery was legal, it's about the cutting, the bone scraping, the grafting an the stitching together of young men. Would any pent want that to happen to their kids?

To this day Essendon is unable to provide written records that these so called medical practitioners didn't engage in unrequested surgical experiments.

There's a duty of care.

not really the place for this...but... has anyone here ever done their ACL and had to have had the reconstruction? i found out today ive torn mine and il be going through it
to be walking properly and being back on my feet all day ( im a landscaper) how long would I be looking at?

Varies from case to case, and depends on how much damage you did to surrounding areas.

Mine was pretty bad - I was on crutches for six weeks and wasn't 100% confident walking for at least another month after that, and I was very serious about rehab.  But I think that was on the upper end of what you can expect - and it was about 12 years ago, I think they're better at getting you back on your feet now.

I expect Hurley will spend a bit of time getting sliced up & stitched back together this offseason too. 

yes pesky wrist needs to perform better when swiping hair back just before jagging goal

got an exclusive picture of the upgrade.

article-0-19B5D99F000005DC-76_634x422.jp

not really the place for this...but... has anyone here ever done their ACL and had to have had the reconstruction? i found out today ive torn mine and il be going through it
to be walking properly and being back on my feet all day ( im a landscaper) how long would I be looking at?

Varies from case to case, and depends on how much damage you did to surrounding areas.

Mine was pretty bad - I was on crutches for six weeks and wasn't 100% confident walking for at least another month after that, and I was very serious about rehab.  But I think that was on the upper end of what you can expect - and it was about 12 years ago, I think they're better at getting you back on your feet now.

Mum had both knees done in 12 months. It's all about the rehab! Slacken on rehab and it takes ages to get over. Do it right and you'll be fine. Mind you my mum is a freak and was walking with crutches 2 days after surgery!

Mum had both knees done in 12 months. It's all about the rehab! Slacken on rehab and it takes ages to get over. Do it right and you'll be fine. Mind you my mum is a freak and was walking with crutches 2 days after surgery!

Your mum better watch out, with two reconstructed knees Essendon may look at drafting her.

Btw our asada insider cerberus reports that Stants, Carlisle, Hepps and Tbell all about to have surgery..

Certainly looked like stants was playing hindered for 2nd half of the season. Surpirsed with Carlisle..

Can the club PLEASE MAKE SURE we certified-in-triplicate written approval from the AFL on the surgeon we use?

We had better not be doing this surgery off-site.

It's not about whether the surgery was legal, it's about the cutting, the bone scraping, the grafting an the stitching together of young men. Would any pent want that to happen to their kids?

To this day Essendon is unable to provide written records that these so called medical practitioners didn't engage in unrequested surgical experiments.

There's a duty of care.

And how did they administer the general anaesthetic?  Not by needle, i hope.

Baguley put a picture on Instagram saying he was going under the knife as well…

I expect Hurley will spend a bit of time getting sliced up & stitched back together this offseason too.

house_of_frankenstein_revive.jpg

I saw Hurls in Vintage Cellers Toorak yest (visiting Hirdy?) and he had a cast from wrist to shoulder, another on his leg and he was on crutches! He looked a mess. Incidentally saw Vlad there too. Hirdy and Ed are often in there exploring the Burgandys.