Unpopular Opinion

This is fair too. And funny

2 Likes

Probably a fair bit of this. Personally I’ve loved a lot of pop music over the journey and I hear some good stuff now and totally understand it was never really for me at any age, but I don’t even hear much pop in what TS does. It’s MOR with the sheen of whichever producer is at the helm. It’s like if Debbie Gibson had the career of Madonna times 10, while old Mags had a couple of hits then got tossed to the back alley producers. I know nobody’s buying it but it says something deeper about the modern condition. UNPOPULAR

1 Like

And while the world was watching a manufactured pop tart pashing on with her jock hero dude, nobody could fix poor old Damo Suzuki. The world is poorer now.

1 Like

Speaking of beer, I’m going to go with the definitely not overdone unpopular view that…

All beer tastes bad.

1 Like

All craft beers are fkn trash. Not had a single good one. In fact, most aussie beers suck. Some good stuff out of tassie but great northern? lol.

Give me Asian or European lagers any day of the week.

2 Likes

Tay Tay has managed to do what not many do… come up with a brand which talks to a large proportion of female listeners. Girls from 5 years-old through to 30+ really identify with her (for whatever reason). Her stuff has somehow managed to speak simultaneously to primary school children (probably stemming from the childlike qualities that Bad Blood and Shake It Off had), teenagers and 20/30-somethings. There’s liberal lashings of boys=bad lyrics and heartbreak which girls/women clutch close to their hearts (c.f. Adele - which couldn’t sound any more overwrought, dull and vanilla to my ears).

She’s managed what things like The Simpsons (in its prime) and Bluey - where children and young-ish adults both get something out of it - have done, but in a largely female space.

Good for her. It’s totally inoffensive to me and not my cuppa tea, but I’m neither young/young-ish nor female…

12 Likes

Exactly, it’s highly organised, deeply corporate, psychological manipulation and mass market pulverisation. And the subject is meek and willing. Perfect pop I guess.

1 Like

Yes, but it was at a ■■■■■■ reception centre with no other options.

But now I’m curious and am going to buy a bottle after work. I can’t even remember what it tastes like.

12/10 on this line

2 Likes

Needs more big pharma

1 Like

If only there were drugs involved. I understand there’s probably a lot of dads in here with daughters who dig it, so I’ll leave off before I earn any more enemies. I probably shoud’ve submitted a paper to the university symposium instead of posting in this…checks…Unpopular Opinion thread…

1 Like

Sticking your neck out there

1 Like

I guess it depends what you’re drinking them for. Personally, I like to actually taste something and love a hoppy pale ale. Craft beers in general - some are over the top and some just too experimental for me, but I like that there are so many options now. Unlike you, most craft beers I’ve had have been just fine, some outstanding. Nothing from the big brewers competes with the best of them except on price.

2 Likes

Saying “all craft beers” is like saying “all music”

3 Likes

All craft beers. Literally every one of them. If you wanna know if you’re wrong just disagree with me on this or anything else.

1 Like

I’m gonna go buy some craft beer now. So nyah nyah.

3 Likes

Don’t knock it unless you try it.

I had my first one on Koh San Road in bangkok after id spent 2 weeks on hikes up north.

My toes were feral. After they had finished my feet felt incredible.

Callous all gone.
Nails cut, cleaned and buffed too perfection.(no nail polish just some stuff they put on my cuticles to look after them)

Felt brilliant. I rate it. Had one or two in Oz but obv cost a fair bit more.

Along with a cutthroat shave and a good back and sides from the barber.

Quality male grooming I reckon.

1 Like

Well, just so you know Coppers are an independent brewer and my favourite. I think I might get one now.

1 Like

Coopers were of the unpopular opinion that gay people shouldn’t get married. Copped a bit of a backlash on that one e.g. you can’t buy it in Daylesford.

1 Like