Up, up, and away!

LOL.

Great mark.

How does he compare to Gwilt?

Younger, faster, takes more speccies.

Bring him in.

I don’t know that he’s faster, I reckon they’re similarly Scania-esque.

Yep, but Steinberg ain’t pulling a trailer.

You could argue that his ponytail constitutes a caboose of some description.

LOL.

Great mark.

Bring him in.

What then, is Gwilt’s?

LOL.

Great mark.

Bring him in.

What then, is Gwilt’s?

A Billy cart filled with Cow Dung?

Bring him in.

Bring in Gwilts hair.

Bring in Gwilts hair.

Bring in a Fusion of Gwilt and Steinberg’s hair. TDF.

that’s a perfectly timed ride, awesome grab

reminds me of the spectacular Trevor Barker

What an arielist

… in your Beautiful Balloon?

Moonee Valley Leader failed to photograph it, but wrote this:

Defender Ariel Steinberg did his best to take the spotlight, pulling down what will surely go down as one of the marks of the season.
Marigliani had the best seat in the house as the Essendon rookie climbed onto the shoulders of his direct opponent, bringing the crowd to its feet.
“I was running front and centre of Steinberg and I read what he was going to do in the last two steps,” he said. “It was just a slow, big, long two steps and (then he) literally sat on his shoulders.
“He’s gone that high that he almost had to pull himself back to take the mark.
“I handed the ball back to him saying ‘that was a monster mark’ and he sort of looked at me with a bit of shock on his face.”
He said Steinberg, who was named Essendon’s best along with Shaun McKernan, had developed a reputation as one of the competition’s most consistent defenders.
“The man is so solid and so consistent,” he said.
“He’s not overly tall but he takes the tallest (forward) for us every week and does a solid job every time.”

Remember when we thought we’d drafted Stevie J when we got him? Or when he kicked 6 v Box Hill? Huge.

Every week Steinberg is in the bests. Every week someone ■■■■■■■ about Brown kicking 4 goals. Every week Blitz goes nuts about another skinny kid that got a few touches. Every week Blitz despairs about our depth in KP talent. Every week people talk about how hard it is to draft a good KPP and how many years in the system it takes before they actually become useful.

You know what? I can’t stop thinking that Stein could actually cut it at AFL level. He’s not the tallest or the fastest or the most skilled, but he’s tough, smart and damned dedicated. And he’s got the body that is ready to go now rather than in 3 years time. You could do a lot worse as a next in line defender to fill a gap and play a role. Plus he’s cheap, so we could afford Dangerfield.

Queue the “he’s a good VFL but not a good AFL player” comments…

I heard some Hawk say today how lucky they were to have Schoenmakers available to come into their team…

Damn that pesky Fletcher for not retiring.

Plus he's cheap, so we could afford Dangerfield.

Be honest - You ONLY want him so we can get Dangerfield.
It has nothing to do with the eternal guilt we’ll feel for picking him up instead of Luke Parker.

Steinberg is unfairly maligned as a result of the elimination final. i still regard him as a genuine 3rd tall defender prospect.

Will get promoted this year or drafted to another club. Is AFL quality.

Will get promoted this year or drafted to another club. Is AFL quality.

This. How many clubs would jump at the chance to get a reliable 3rd defender. Hell, he’d probably be rated higher than that at some clubs.

we should clear him to frankston so the recruiters notice him.

It’s still a very real possibility that he never plays another AFL game.

It's still a very real possibility that he never plays another AFL game.

Yes but booooo, not the thread for it :slight_smile: