US politics - cooked

It’s as though no one at Twitter now bothered to read the first amendment. There is no interference.

3 Likes

Musk: “My pronouns are prosecute/ Fauci”.

What a colossal douche nozzle.

12 Likes

At some point people around him have to step in or fall off. Not just his inner circle, but the fan bois as well.

I’m convinced that for some people, their entire life is built around the power to be a complete and total ■■■■■■■■ with no impunity whatsoever.

4 Likes

Again its just bizzare. Musk has the money and power to be anything, anybody he wants… and he chooses to be pond scum.

2 Likes

7 Likes

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3771048-musk-calls-to-prosecute-fauci-drawing-swift-backlash/

Musk calls to prosecute Fauci, drawing swift backlash

Twitter CEO Elon Musk on Sunday called to prosecute Anthony Fauci, the chief medical adviser to President Biden who has led the U.S. response to the COVID-19 pandemic since it started during the Trump administration, and drew swift backlash for his comment.

“My pronouns are Prosecute/Fauci,” Musk said on Twitter. He later shared a meme edited to show Fauci telling Biden, “Just one more lockdown, my king.”

Watching Musk self destruct his personal brand is definitely fascinating. He’s got a fanatical focus on US style mix of libertarian/right wing politics. Push this lunacy much more and the EU will just turn around and regulate the hell out of Twitter, because they don’t have the free speech protections that Musk is so obsessed by. The world is a bigger place than America and Musk is about to find that out in a hurry.

7 Likes

Turns out you can buy the village and still be the idiot.

23 Likes

They will also ■■■■ him with their industrial relations frameworks.

It’s also going to impact Tesla.

1 Like

Tesla just opened a gigafactory near Berlin.

It could get even uglier for their stock prices

You couldn’t pay me to own a Tesla now

5 Likes

probably the same way that the pelosi household has, considering their share market betting is better than career industry vets, funny that.

My next car will almost certainly be an EV, but even before Musk came fully out of the fkg far right lunatic closet in the past few months, I would have steered clear of Teslas. Just a dreadful record when it comes to manufacturing quality.

With the phase-out deadlines for new internal combustion engine vehicles that we’re starting to see in the US, EU and I think Japan, other manufacturers will be starting to get onto the EV bandwagon in a big way pretty soon. I’d trust a Toyota EV over a Tesla any day.

8 Likes

Have a friend who was an early adopter of Tesla. Hit a roo about six months ago and still waiting for parts

This is going to be a bigger issue than many think going forward, he wants right leaning policy when it comes to business and his workers but right wing gun and gas loving Americans don’t buy Tesla’s.

If he’s not careful he could very likely lose the lot.

He has already lost half his advertising income from Twitter and he looks like will also keep pushing the actual people that buy his left leaning climate responsible cars to other brands.

I know when I’m ready for an EV it’s not going to be a Tesla.

2 Likes

To be fair, Tesla’s main business isn’t actually selling cars, it’s selling EV offsets to car makers who don’t make EVs. That’s why there’s persistent quality issues with the cars. They only have to exist, not to be any good.

2 Likes

same. He’s a ■■■■ wit.

Imagine he did to Tesla what he’s done to twitter. You kind of need the people behind the scenes updating your computer on wheels.

2 Likes

Wait… what!?!?!?

1 Like