US politics - cooked

It’s a strange anomaly. A bloke with a similar background from Melbourne was also deported a few years back. The universal consensus was that he was an exemplary citizen and his record showed that he had never been on the wrong side of the law whilst living here. He too was a guard at a concentration camp. The thing was, he followed the instructions of superiors, not once did he give the instructions. He received no sympathy and was shipped back to a place he no longer had a connection to at around 90 years old. Had he been plotting the rise of The Fourth Reich in between his day job and raising his family then by all means get rid of him but we don’t allow these people to atone for wrongdoing of decades ago yet we don’t care with most others.

How could you ever prove that he was only following instructions? He could have very much enjoyed doing it

One of the peculiarities of the Nazis was their impeccable record keeping. This fellow’s evidence had supporting paperwork.

Right, but that isn’t evidence that he didn’t want to do it. I’m asking what evidence you could provide to prove that he was innocent and was merely following instructions

He wasn’t innocent. He was a paid employee of the Nazis and was directly implicated in 2x deaths. I’m wondering out allowed as to why this bloke continues to be damned for his actions several decades later when we let others get on with their lives or are even asked to give say Australian special operations personnel for example the benefit of the doubt?*

*not that we shouldn’t

1 Like

Sometimes there are no words to describe how broken the U.S is

2 Likes

You can’t retroactively apply people’s present behaviour to absolve them of past actions. It isn’t really relevant he lived for decades unimpeded and with a good record, although I see your point.

I agree about special forces seemingly getting a free pass to commit war crimes (and be absolved of them). They absolutely shouldn’t.

5 Likes

The scenario was probably something like this.

Somewhere between 1943-1944. Kid joins at 18. Gets a safe posting away from the front line. Does what he’s told. Unlikely to have requested to do that role, also unlikely at that age to have been a leader in what happened.

1. War ends. Kid goes home. Tried to move on.

Lives a productive life.

Now. 90+. He now requires political intervention to prevent his deportation. No politician will put their future career in jeopardy for a concentrated camp guard.

Gets deported.

3 Likes

I think we all know the answer to that question, despite your counter examples, to which you could have added other genocides to which the world turns the blindest of eyes.

1 Like

The US never forgets. If you are their enemy or betray them they will pursue you forever.

I wish I could dance like this man.

2 Likes

13 Likes

How those stimmy checks coming along?

Unless you attack the capital…

9 Likes

Touche

So, here you are
too foreign for home
too foreign for here
never enough for both.

Ah this should help. Fark these guys.

2 Likes

No, that can’t be true?

It can’t be a legit message from a company.

Welcome to privatisation, yawl.

1 Like

I guess it is one way of forcing you to remain a customer