US politics - cooked

You have to wonder why Pence is bothering. Nobody likes him. Trumps cultists hate him cos he refused to overthrow the election for Trump, and everyone else hates him for being part of the Trump admin. Plus he’s as bland as a bread sandwich.

14 Likes

And he had that fly on his head. GROSSS!!!

He can’t have much of a war fund either, who would back an obvious loser. If Trump isn’t nominee surely De Santis gets it.

I’m think he is trying for VP again. Nominate, get a 5% support base and then swing that behind someone that isn’t Trump.

There’s quite a few in the field who have nominated for this exact reason.

The problem is they have to get out early if they’re not doing well - otherwise the republicans will be left with another 2016 situation with the successful nominee winning with only 30-something% support, which will play into trump’s hands (again).

Somehow I think Donny boy will look elsewhere.

But no noose is good noose for Pence.

1 Like

I think the DeSantis camp has (behind the scenes) cut a deal to get Pence into the race, and then at a later stage, make him VP.

The ploy is to let Pence do the public smear work on the Don with “I witnessed this” and “I witnessed that”, and DeSantis keeps his hands (publicly) clean.

DeSantis will need the Trump voters to be any shot getting over the line in November.

If he is seen, by Trump voters, as publicly doing to much damage, they’ll either stay home, or in the ultimate chaos scenario, be voting for Trump in an Independent campaign against a Republican backed DeSantis (giving a slam dunk win to Biden).

2 Likes

Trump will call on his supporters to only vote for him and even if out of the race, given he is a narcissist I think he’d choose to blow up the Republican party to spite them.

7 Likes

I just can’t see DeSantis beating Trump, they draw the same supporter base and that supporter base is firmly behind Trump, no matter how unelectable he is these days. DeSantis can only be hoping that the Federal cases against Trump actually start moving.

3 Likes

Trump is going to win the nomination then lose to Biden. It really won’t be close. All Trump has done since 2016 is lose, the midterms was a great example of that.

Trump losing is a huge problem for Republicans because he will keep dragging them on after that and take his rusted on supporters through to the 2028 election and beyond until he dies. It’s scary but also a dream scenario for Democrats

3 Likes

God, can you imagine when Trump dies? The next Republican nominee will automatically be the one who most loudly blames the Democrats for poisoning him.

7 Likes

What a joke that RFK Jr regards himself as a Democrat.

Anti-vaxxer moron.

6 Likes

And will then have to publicly devour Trumps bloated corpse to “absorb his amazing, unbelievable leadership qualities and brilliance.”

2 Likes

DeSantis is tanking. Even his home state is turning on him. I think he’s lost 20% on his approval rating in the last month or so.

His dad and uncles are all turning in their graves.

Is the new border plan working?
If so, what are the angry republicans going to talk about now?

• From May 12 to Friday, DHS said it sent 38,400 migrants, including single adults and families, back to more than 80 countries. Of this total, the administration deported more than 14,000 migrants from Cuba, Haiti, Nicaragua and Venezuela to Mexico.
  • Also since May 12, an additional 23,000 migrants from Cuba, Haiti, Nicaragua and Venezuela arrived in the U.S. after completing the vetting and sponsorship qualifications.

Republican Chris Christie defies Donald Trump, blasts his daughter Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner at his 2024 presidential campaign announcement, telling the audience that, “Their grift from this is breathtaking. Jared Kushner and Ivanka walk out of the White House and months later they get $2 billion from the Saudis? You think it’s because Kushner is some kind of investing genius? Or do you think it’s because he was sitting next to the president of the United States for four years doing favors for the Saudis?

Christie continued, declaring, “That’s YOUR money that Kushner stole – and gave it to his family. Do you know what that makes us? A banana republic. That’s what it makes us.”

9 Likes