US politics - fried (part 5)

The stuff on the side of course.

Hang on, are saying that Supreme Court judges get official pay as well?

Golly. Imagine the wealth.

2 Likes

Trump’s Bull**** Rally | “I Don’t Care About You. I Just Want Your Vote” | MTG: Trump Is Like Jesus

1 Like

Only one word 100% matches Drumpf and that’s the German word ‘stumpf’. It’s PERFECT. PERFECT

What is stumpf in Englisch?

„stumpf“: Adjektiv

blunt, dull blunt obtuse, truncated masculine, male dull, lusterless, lustreless, mat, matte dull apathetic, dull, impassive, stolid insensitive, insensible, indifferent dull, lethargic, torpid dense, obtuse, thick

4 Likes

Hunter Biden has been found guilty on all 3 felony counts.

President Biden: “As I said last week, I am the President, but I am also a Dad. Jill and I love our son, and we are so proud of the man he is today. So many families who have had loved ones battle addiction understand the feeling of pride seeing someone you love come out the other side and be so strong and resilient in recovery. As I also said last week, I will accept the outcome of this case and will continue to respect the judicial process as Hunter considers an appeal. Jill and I will always be there for Hunter and the rest of our family with our love and support. Nothing will ever change that.”

Ironically the only reason he broke the law is he purchased the gun off a federally licensed gun dealer. If he’d bought it through a private sale, it would have been fully legal. Gun laws…

7 Likes

Biden again showing that while neither is preferable, in a choice of two there’s actually a choice of one.

11 Likes

The Trumpists say don’t trust Joe on not granting a Presidential pardon to Hunter.

• rigged against Trump being pursued under State law, Presidential pardons not possible.

They should have more judges on the supreme court, done in a bipartisan way (yes, I know), just so it isn’t so volatile and dependent on the health/death of one or two at any one time.

And it could be done without an arms race. They could agree to add an extra one every 6 years for 36 years or something.

Yes, I know.

The SC is in the position it’s in now because the natural left position is, oh okay, that seems fair, and the natural right position is go for the throat.

2 Likes

Biden campaign just need to interview every business Trump has shafted.
There must be 1,000s of them, including the places Trump holds his own campaign rallies.

3 Likes

It would make for some pretty easy campaign ads, testimonials that illustrate not that he’s a ‘ruthless go-getter’ but actually a foul anti-American swindler who cheats honest, hard working, entrepreneurial, red blooded Joes and Jolenes.

Like those swift boat testimonials that partially did for Kerry, except factual and relevant.

But are the Dems still ‘going high’? Probably.

The Resistable Rise of Arturo Ui - Trump is today’s criminal Arturo

1 Like

While that sounds pretty obvious to any sane reasonable person, the MAGA crowd are in a cult and even some of the ones ripped off by Trump still voted for him in 2016 (as per the Dollop again). Maybe they have learned since or more likely think the Dems are just as bad or are commies although they seem to like some commies now or at least Russian commies.

Yeah I accounted for the insanity tax but I reckon with some actual competent scripting and editing, with a clear message that this guy is everything ‘real America’ is not, and not voting is gifting him your future, you get some good numbers from the indifferent and the conservative traditionals. I know ■■■■ though, just seems obvious.

Gareth Evans over 40 years ago said (I am paraphrasing here) that the left plays by Marquis Of Queensbury Rules while the right does what the Hell’s Angels would do.

7 Likes

The left enjoys “Satisfaction” while the right murder members of the crowd. Not a million miles off it.

1 Like

Pres. Biden Won’t Pardon Hunter | Trump Goes After Taylor Swift | Martha-Ann Alito’s Flag Fetish

1 Like

Not many Republican qualms of the right linking up with the far right.
In France however, it is a bridge too far. The President of the Conservative Party has been expelled from his Party for calling for all on the Right to unite

3 Likes

Maybe libertarian centrist-Left political parties in Western democracies

Political Compass

but definitely not the Authoritarian Left

Yet they keep voting him in.

There must be some point at which MAGA followers start to drift away from the cult leader. In the USA, refraining from voting is the easiest step a disenchanted Maga can take and is potentially most devastating erosion of the MAGA base, especially if the drift is more like a landslide

This effect does not show up in most polls. We will not know until the votes are counted, but it would also have a massive effect on the down ballot races and potentially lead the second Biden term to be partnered by both Senate and House majorities.

Newsweek has just published a new poll indicating that voter turnout may
be less at this election. So, is that equally across the board, or more within the MAGA base?