US politics - fried (part 5)

I’d like to see his opinion of Boris Johnson.

Not in the same ballpark as Trump, but still an absolute shocker.

1 Like

That’s a depressing read
Pseudo Christians hiding behind the “word of God” to enable their quest for power and money.
The southern states seem to be full of them.

2 Likes

Even worse though, like a lot of the happy clappers, Scomo types in fact, that we’ve enabled throughout the world thanks to the likes of the Houston crime family, there’s actually a rapidly growing rapture fan club. Imagine being absolved of all your wastefulness and guilt and excess because God was going to kill the planet anyway? These brothers apparently believe it, and in the way of the profit gospel, the fact that it dovetails nicely with them making obscene wealth from environmental rape is just an ordained cherry on top. It’s a terrible, terrible multi-limbed sect.

2 Likes

Can’t we get them to embrace the Rapture early.

Saturday is free, so how about then?

5 Likes

I highly doubt that someone with a realistic view of where the world sits will get anywhere near the White House.

2 Likes

4 Likes

“Freedom of speech!”

1 Like

8 Likes

Some seriously fascist ■■■■ going down in Florida right now. DeSantis and his crew are the danger we were all worried about- a more intelligent, organized and motivated version of Trump. If he gets out of Florida and anywhere near the levers of national power, god help us.

4 Likes

That post doesn’t look legit. When and where was that tweet/thread posted? Or was it a screenshot?

It’s a screen shot from a social media account, I see no reason to doubt it. It fits with a lot of previous insanity in that space that I’ve seen reported.

I thought it was likely a screenshot.
If it was January/February after that Florida legislation was introduced then it might be more believable. But even then the controversy was around removal of books from school libraries, not personal ones.
It just seemed to be trying a bit hard to generate outrage so I googled the account, the topic etc. and couldn’t find anything.
Also, the claim that Clausewitz’s book ‘On War’ has no ISBN is horse ■■■■. Which is a bit of a giveaway that it is a troll post.

2 Likes

In this day and age everything needs to be treated as misinformation. Your instincts are valid and what I posted cannot be confirmed through other sources.

2 Likes

Some of this stuff is really good. Just about similar enough to reality to be believable.

1 Like

What I found more weird than the supposed book ruling, was that a teacher has room in a classroom for a hundred or so books! Classrooms must be big in the USA. And secure.

1 Like

Yep, I thought that as well. Just because a book is old does not mean it does not have an ISBN now

2 Likes

They’re pretty safe and secure, what with all the guns and all

1 Like

I read that stunning takedown and I don’t believe he mentioned the words “law”, “criminal”, “liar”, “lies” “truth” “fact” or “facts” once. Not once.

Its probably deliberate, because everyone lies, and everyone breaks the law. Politicians lie; they lie a lot.
But that piece neatly described one of the worst liars ever seen in public life, by picking out his other faults, the preponderance of which make Trump the worst type of person who could be trusted to lead a country. Any country.

3 Likes

Thought experiment.
Lets fast forward 12 months.
Trump / Lake has the Republican Nomination.
Biden / Harris has the nomination. But he suddenly falls seriously ill.
( not even unlikely, he would be 81 years old after all).

So what can be done to avoid the following crisis.
Trump has been found guilty of 91 counts Biden cannot run. Its Harris vs Lake.

OMG.

Who has enough charisma to enter the race on each side ? Is it even possible.?

1 Like

Harris is fine, not sure why everyone hates her.

1 Like