US Politics Thread - Post Mueller Edition

Your election slogan.

Your name 2020 - The last sentence you posted (or your last text).

wimmera1 2020 - I probably just got old.

Soulnet 2020 - I hate cutting finger nails.

Last thing I posted was on twitter.

1 Like

TBH that didn’t come across as E12.

Trip is rabidly right wing, but I’ve never seen any posts of the deep end like that before.

There’s such a large divide between my view of the world and those like @JuryESS. The problem with this debate is both sides start to see the opposition as evil.

Pro lifers see 300,000 abortions a year as mass murder. Their response is directly linked to the sheer size of that number.

The pro-choice side shudders at the idea of 300,000 women a year being forced to bring a child to term against their wishes.

The Netherlands has a very pro-choice attitude, but works incredibly hard to prevent unwanted pregnancies. They have a far lower rate of abortion to America.

Reducing unwanted pregnancies is the perfect middle ground solution. Abortion is not pleasant, it is a difficult emotional experience for a woman to go through. Sadly I don’t see a bi-partisan encouragement of effective sex education and easy access to birth control.

5 Likes

Golf, making America great again.

1 Like

They forgo medical intervention in cases where serious fetal abnormalities leave a newborn with no chance of survival. So they don’t murder the baby, they just let it die naturally outside of the womb.

It just depends if you define doctors denying medical intervention as murder or not.

They are not stabbing the baby to death or anything like that. Personally I side with trying to help it, and I agree with certain parts of both sides in terms of abortion.

1 Like

I read an article by a midwife who described the birth of a baby born without a brain. There was nothing possible that could be done. It was a brutal description of what the family went through grieving for that young life.

Modern medicine throws everything it can at newborns. The only time it withholds care is when the infant is not in any way viable. To suggest that heartless people are needlessly letting babies die just doesn’t fit with the reality of modern medicine.

8 Likes

GeoffBlethynsGlasses 2020 - I’m sure it will be nice once you’ve finished.

Was actually a text to a friend cooking congee for her dinner. But in the context of this thread, may be mistaken for support of Trump’s wall.

3 Likes

PP2 2020 - I’ve never seen any posts of the deep end like that before.

I got the impression at one point that he was dyed-in-the-wool old-style DLP Catholic.

It was a Sarah moment. Its like how newspapers plant regular contrarian letter to editor writers. Or he’s just a rank ■■■■■■

Lol, … mine works particularly well in terms of Modern Politi-speak.

BSD 2020 - Not a correction. I don’t recall that.

5 Likes

Gnik 2020 - Good Onya!

3 Likes

Agreed. It’s someone from the US Bible belt (or at least has been brainwashed by them) that somehow found his way here to treat us with his missionary position.

Lifetime Ban 2020 - I for one think he will go alright against Goldy.

4 Likes

Azza78 - Hahahaha no

1 Like

DonMania 2020 - Mierda

Text to my mate when England won yesterday

61 million babies dead. Yeah, that’s nothing to be concerned about. As long as it doesn’t affect you. Very selfish attitude. Are you thankful your mother didn’t abort you? Wonder if you ever think about it. Why should you? You’re alive. To hell with anyone else. The only reason people support abortion is because they are cowards and would rather observe the politically correct commandment of allowing a woman to kill her baby than taking a stand for the truly innocent. Sad, really, but a true reflection of those who only care about themselves. And it’s not dumb or inflammatory or lacking scientific evidence or real fact. You have not been keeping up. Most doctors refuse to perform abortions because the overwhelming majority of the scientific and medical community and even many pro-abortionists admit what it is. You’re out of touch. And the definition of a holocaust is the taking of an innocent life. Tell me who is more innocent than a little baby in the womb. There is no one.

Alex Acosta, Secretary of Labor, to step down. He was the US Attorney who brokered the incredibly lenient deal for Epstein.

Dan Coats, Director of National Intelligence, is also reportedly in Trump’s sights. He has contradicted the President occasionally, so that is enough. Surprise surprise a FoxNews guest who repeatedly slammed Coats as a disloyal traitor is in the box seat.

Pat Shanahan, Acting Secretary of Defense, is already gone. A new acting Secretary in place. So much for Senate confirmations.

The churn.

So, playing golf is a crime now? Carter was almost as bad as a president as Obama. Even though he allowed hundreds of Americans to be taken hostage, at least he didn’t travel the world apologizing for being an American. What kind of a leader is ashamed of the country he’s leading. Obama recently has been apologizing for being a man, talking about toxic masculinity as the reason for the evil in the world. To be truly happy and not be hypocritical, he should emigrate from America and sign up for gender reassignment surgery.