US Politics Thread - Post Mueller Edition

He’d be saying ‘liberals’ instead of ‘teh leFt!1’.

1 Like

Not sure you would feel that way if you were a young female Blitzer who had been raped, made pregnant and was contemplating a choice between the future you had planned and the ruination of your dreams. Being called a mass murderer would just add to your trauma & distress.

2 Likes

Plenty is said in here on issues that affect people in different ways. Simple answer, don’t come into threads like this and avoid areas of the internet. Whether people like it or not different viewpoints are going to be expressed in places on the net and you can’t change that. Otherwise you end up being like governments who ban everyone from expressing things they don’t agree with.

If he is personally attacking people then that is a different issue altogether.

If you like going down the rabbit hole good for you. Some people enjoy febrile and unstable stuff, you position yourself as a reasonable arbiter championing the rights of alternative voices but all you’re doing is defending a troll and widening the possibilities of dialogue down the track. The result is broad and stupid.

He isn’t trolling though, he is expressing a different viewpoint at this stage. Obviously if he keeps going on and on about it then he is trolling, but until that happens it isn’t trolling.

Hasn’t replied to anything since s/he took his or her dump. Anyway, stop censoring my right to call someone a moronic troll you lefty identity politicker.

1 Like

He holds an offensive view that subjugates women and seeks to impose devastating consequences on others to appease his opinion.

No fair treatment required for ■■■■■ like this.

The I don’t ever agree with banning anyone. That said posts like Trips need to be challenged.

I had a Cousin who was a Nun and she visited Catholic Schools in 1970’s spreading her views on life, carrying a foetus in a bottle to shock young girls.

Never acceptable behaviour but happened. She became Head Nurse in Maternity at St Vincent’s Hospital

She would attend family events and initially 17 year old me was the only one who challenged her actions. I did win over most of the Family and continued for the past 49 years to argue with these obscene people who try to force their anger and hate on others.

There is no reason or logic from these right to life fanatics

3 Likes

Not sure it is Trip, doesn’t read like him.

To me Trip is generic for all Farkwits !

5 Likes

A timely retrospective today…

2 Likes

Different point of view in action

No, that is an extremist nut-job and conflating the two creates its own problems.

I don’t agree with @JuryESS a.k.a. @CanaDOn, but don’t support banning him/her (being as Right as they obviously are I feel safe in that gender characterisation). At this point in time they have made a couple of provocative posts, but haven’t resorted to calling people names or abusing anyone. If they maintain an even keel in this regard then as far as I am concerned they should be free to post, much as I feel I should be free to point out the error of their opinion.

3 Likes

Cheezus the world feels so first-stage Handmaids Tale these days…

2 Likes

I’m actually being a bit of a troll, apologies. I like the even discussion in here, it’s genuinely refreshing because it’s largely free of nut jobbing but I appreciate that i’ve Just been adding to to it. Mea Culpa, rough week.

3 Likes

I do think someone who comes in, makes long unsubstantiated rants they won’t/can’t backup and doesn’t respond to questions or challenges should be able to be banned from this thread (if that were possible).

I think we got some insightful comments in between all the noise.

1 Like

Don’t call this racist, misogynist, bigot a “racist, misogynist, bigot” or you may help re-elect him.

FYI, Donald, unlike your mum and 2 of your 3 wives, 3 of the 4 women you are insulting are BORN here.

Gives hilarious context to his comment about the government where they came from being “the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere”.

5 Likes