US politics - cooked

I’d be interested on what the stats were regarding Trump’s victory.

1 Like

Before or after firing a nuke into a hurricane?

4 Likes

On fairness it was probably worth trying. And we obviously sent a bunch of people to remote locations early days.

Coz we know where Trump sent all the dead ones. To their graves.

1 Like

“■■■■ your feelings”

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: General World News

He’d been watching Sharknado to be fair

2 Likes

So, how long do we have to wait for the “imminent indictment” to happen.
It seems in the US, “imminent indictment” means either , “never” or 24-36 months, whichever is later.

I mean there’s a good chance Trump could die before the prosecutors get enough on him to actually make him squirm.

How is Trump going to ensure Weisselberg does not turn?
There are plenty of “holiday destinations” without extradition treaties:

Afghanistan, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Armenia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and
Herzegovina, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, the Central African Republic, Chad, Mainland China, Comoros, Congo (Kinshasa), Congo (Brazzaville), Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Indonesia, Ivory Coast, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Oman, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé & Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican, Vietnam and Yemen.

Trump will never go to jail.

3 Likes

Weisselberg probably has a pocket pardon. I am still of the view that Trumps family and very close associates are all holding pocket pardons, which won’t be revealed until they are indicted. So unless there are criminal charges, or more likely that the pardons will be challenged in the Supreme Court for being corruptly issued then everyone will be still walking free. His business however could suffer big penalties.

i meant to say criminal state charges

Agreed. Once you get to a certain circle of power, crimes cease to have consequences. Nixon didn’t go to jail, Kissinger didn’t go to jail (he should have gone to the noose at the Hague tbh), Oliver North didn’t go to jail, none of W Bush’s torturer-planners went to jail, though some of the stupid kids who did the torturing did if they were dumb enough to take photos of themselves in the process. Obama didn’t go to jail for arbitrarily and deliberately murdering a US citizen by drone strike. Nobody except Epstein will go to jail over Epstein’s creepy teenage island brothel. Nobody went to jail over the GFC, nobody at all, and the people most liable got the biggest bailouts and helped plan the rescue program.

Trump won’t go to jail either, neither will his kids, or any of his wildly corrupt employees, or any of the major advisers and officeholders etc who participated in his obstruction of justice and use of the powers of the presidency for naked political ends. Probably some of the people who actually smashed down the doors on Jan 6 will spend a few months behind bars, and the USA will call it justice…

7 Likes

Feels like the same thing happens here in Oz too.

1 Like

Agreed but how does slick Willy get a free pass

He comes under the ‘Epstein’s creepy teenage island brothel’ bit.

1 Like

Got a note from Epstein’s mother?

2 Likes

Going to post this in 2 threads. Apologies in advance.

1 Like

Seriously ■■■■ the NRA. Sold themselves out to big gun corporations at the expense of children’s lives. I’m an atheist, but part of me hopes I’m wrong so that these ■■■■■■ end up in a special place in hell.

1 Like

Insurrectionists are getting probation instead of jail.

Slapping these people on the wrist is just gonna embolden them.

4 Likes

Nice:

4 Likes