US politics - cooked

You believe the bat soup story? :rofl:

Well I think I’m going to regret this but whats your theory.

Not in the least. But I don’t subscribe to the batshit crazy conspiracy theories out there either. I leave that to those off a less rational bent.

Given that it’s pretty well documented that hiv, Ebola, and Marburg all crossed over to humans in the course of the bushmeat trade, and things like rabies and Black Plague have very well-known zoonotic reservoirs that intermittently cause outbreaks in humans, I think it’s eminently, depressingly likely.

3 Likes

Not if they are anaphylactic to vaccines like my mate’s Mum.

How is your mate’s mum, btw?

Fine for now but not going near any shops, apparently. Dunno what they will do but sounds like indefinite self imposed isolation for now - up the country bit over an hour north of melb.

1 Like

According the Steele dossier I believe Trump and Putin peed on each other in a hotel and created the virus

5 Likes

Wow, something “bipartisan” actually got passed.

@TheRealInfrastructureWeek

The irony is Trump could have had that, but he refused to take his wall off the list of inclusions.

Listing to @GuzzLG I kind of understand America in its present state a bit better.

2 Likes

It’s the privileged talk of someone who has never had the polio ravaged hand of a beggar knock on their car window. Who has never seen a leprosy stricken family be banished to live on the outskirts. Someone who has never heard the pleas of a mother asking for help for their child dying from diphtheria.

Once you have experienced the above (unfortunately I have) you literally thank who or whatever you believe in for the miracle of vaccines.

11 Likes

The stupid thing is Americans, I’ve found, are generally pretty nice people. It’s just when you get a minority that’s supported by a toxic media that hold them up to the light 24/7 you get this effect where you think the whole country’s batshit crazy.

And that’s what Sky are trying to do here right now. Same model. I don’t think it will be quite as successful but if will leave a mark. Sadly.

8 Likes

I work with someone who worked in the outback communities for years. He’s got to stop himself from talking sometimes because he gets too traumatised. It’s fkd.

I have experienced it second hand and if you can’t put yourself even remotely near those shoes and change your views from there then you’re just a ■■■■.

2 Likes

Nice try. There’s no vaccine for leprosy.

This is amazing. I’m still not entirely convinced it’s not a parody though!

Odd thing to take away from that story of real life experience.

11 Likes

Not a specific one, but….

Vaccines for Prevention of Leprosy

https://www.internationaltextbookofleprosy.org › chapter
](Vaccines for Prevention of Leprosy | International Textbook of Leprosy)

Although the BCG vaccine was introduced as a tuberculosis (TB) vaccine in 1921, BCG immunization has been recognized to contribute to protection against leprosy

4 Likes