Us V farkRattlers Review

Remember when the media basically ended Jetta's career for playing for a free. I assume they'll go Thomas all weekend until the tribunal will have to report him, right? No, didn't think so.
I must have evoked Jetta's name a half-dozen times tonight. It's still in anger, but in his favour at least. How can umps remain that farking gullible?

P.S. Was Waite reported?

Yes.

Pretty proud of them given the week we had. A bit of tinkering needed with a view to the long term . We can play more kids instead of say Dempsey who moves off the line of the ball. Going nowhere forward with him. Would rather Edwards or Browne.

Liked mckernan.

Hurls should be our next captain. Love him. Hard as fark.

How on earth can you criticise Dempsey after tonight? Was absolutely on fire most of the game, esp after tweaking that hammy. A couple of errors but you have to break an egg to make on omelette. The expectation of flawless perfection is astounding.

Getting the ball is only half the job

The Langford. Put it all on the line, f'ed himself up for the night. Get around him.

Was just coming to post something along those lines myself, if he is right that one action should be enough to get him another game next week.

Heppellesque disregard for his own wellbeing, and that one action makes me certain we’ve got a good’un on our hands.

Be proud we got within 2 goals of a top 4 team. Great effort lads

Ill never ever consider/admit north to be a top 4 side . Bunch of pea hearted head ducking weak as ■■■■ side. Id be embarassed to support such a team

If they are a top four side there’ll be 3 real ■■■■■■■ happy teams with them and 14 disappointed ones below them.

Brad Johnson says Norf will play in the GF.

Brad Johnson is a ■■■■.

Wrapped with Smack, Dempsey, Hurley and Heppell.

Whats wrong with Hibberd? He’s been shithouse all year.

I thought TBell/Smack combo got the better of Goldy.. or at least broke even. I also think that 4th qtr goal by TBell was the proof positive of why we need Smack in the team. For once TBell didn't look completely stuffed at half time and was able to actually play some minutes up forward. We looked much better with Smack in the team imho.

Free kicks aside, and that is hard to do, simple skill errors cost us time and time again. Sadly so did poor coaching. Allowing Petrie to run free in the last and mark everything in sight was just stupid. I thought we needed to send Hurley forward to basically ‘defend’ Petrie. With Hurley in full beast mode he might have been able to bring the ball to ground and create some opportunities.

It was noticeable that once JD got tired he wasn’t making a contest (which he did well in the first half) and that meant our F50 again looked like a bounce mat. Either we man up down forward or our midfielders learn to kick to the goal square or at goal… or we will keep losing games.

I thought the effort was there tonight but this team has some systemic issues and I’m not sure we can really challenge the top teams without a CHF.

Spot on! we need to bring into the team Davey. We haven;t had a CHF since he left. Or even before he left.

Jokes aside, it is a shame that Davey wasn’t 60cm taller… played CHF position wise very well. Led to space, created good leads and had excellent timing. Sadly was also the shortest bloke in the league.

We haven’t had a CHF since Lucas left and 15 years later we are still hurting. Gumby was recruited for the role and that didn’t work sadly. I was keen to throw money at Waite last year and I’d throw money at any proven CHF again this year.

Forget depth, we don’t even have a starting CHF and it is killing us.

Can someone GIF hurley bulldozing Waite please

JD needs to put on 10kg of pure muscle

JD needs to put on 10 kg of goal kicking accuracy,

Watching Brad Scott’s post match - he says Lindsay is playing within the rules and that it should be the umpires fault for the calls not Lindsay for diving or ducking.

interesting to hear the journos asking B.Scott about all the (ridiculous) frees given to the Roos.

Sounds of the game. What such an inspiring captain swallow is… NOT!!! What a joke that was.

Can someone GIF hurley bulldozing Waite please

BEAST

For those at the game if you watch the replay this is the point where you can hear BJ calling Lindsay a C***

Be proud we got within 2 goals of a top 4 team. Great effort lads

Ill never ever consider/admit north to be a top 4 side . Bunch of pea hearted head ducking weak as ■■■■ side. Id be embarassed to support such a team

This.

We made them look ordinary in the second half, Our pressure started to get to them and they were the ones going sideways. In the end their greater experience won out, but it was a close run thing. The team will be better for that run.

That was the most influence I’ve seen umpires have on a game since sydney last year. Shameful.

Watching Brad Scott's post match - he says Lindsay is playing within the rules and that it should be the umpires fault for the calls not Lindsay for diving or ducking.

interesting to hear the journos asking B.Scott about all the (ridiculous) frees given to the Roos.

I agree with him. The umpires are clearly getting it wrong.

I’m 99% sure the rule states that if the player contributes to the high contact on himself, a free kick shouldn’t be paid to him.

It’s Laughable that some people are saying the umpires had no impact on the result. People have pointed out multiple decisions/non-decision that would have changed the result.

Tonight surely had to be one of the worst ever games for set shots from both teams… a lot of the misses were truly cringeworthy.

eFc need to start this whole
Get tackled
Drop ball
Or
Throw head back whilst diving forward and dropping to your knees holding your face like you’ve been shot.

The sooner the club take it up, the sooner the tactics will be banned.

Belly has been playing with a fractured knee since rd 1. First pain free game tonight apparently.

I very rarely post negatively after a loss but I'm going to have to disagree with the majority of you about this game. Yes I liked the endeavour, and there were some good signs, but overall I honestly thought we were absolutely terrible.

In particular, I am very very concerned about our systems moving the ball forward.

The last few weeks we have been too stagnant, going sideways and backwards and taking too long to move the ball forward. Obviously we needed to address this and move the ball quicker, and presumably the coaches instructed the players to that effect, but it seems as though the only way our players are capable of moving the ball quickly is by utilising the kamikaze play on at all costs approach. Tonight it was damn near suicidal at times, heading straight up the middle with players taking marks and looking to play on immediately without even looking or thinking.

And the majority of these instances weren’t from a turnover - they were when we kicked the ball out from full back. How many times did the kicker just bomb it to a pack situation 60m out from goal only to have the ball come straight back? How many times did a player 80 m out from goal just unthinkingly bomb the ball into the 50m arc to no one? It was dumb dumb dumb football, over and over again, trying the same tactics that clearly were not working.

We have to come up with a system - a way to effectively and efficiently move the ball to the forward line from the defensive 50 that does not involve suicidal playing on or tedious kicking sideways and backwards. Its getting desperate now and we will not win many games this year unless we sort it out. You can’t just only get goals from opposition turnovers and expect to win games.

We were enormously lucky to get as close as we did in my view. Should have lost by ten goals if North had kicked straight (I don’t think I’ve seen a team miss so many set shots in a game ever).

Maybe I was just in a terrible mood, but I’m more pessimistic after that game than I have been for a long time. If Schneider kicks straight from 10m out and the Hawthorn game goes 2 more seconds we would currently be sitting 1 and 6.

Am I wrong? Honest question.

Have to agree with some of this…our gameplan is probably our biggest problem, although there must be some players within the team that can’t play to the plan or continually choose not to. I don’t think we have won a game this year in a convincing manner. We have gone backwards since last year and there is little chance we will make the eight. McKernan was a positive but where does this leave Carlisle? Hurley outstanding, Heppell amazing but I wish he would kick longer…some positives but out weighed by negatives…I worry we are becoming a Richmond, able to get up for big games and have stirring wins but little consistency and too much hype