Vale Glenn Frey

Glenn Frey, guitarist with The Eagles has died in New York, aged 67.

Oh crap!!! What the hell is going on???

Oh crap!!! What the hell is going on??????

People get old and die
I’d expect a few more over the next decade given all the guys from the 60s-80s are getting to that age

Noonan will be happy normal service has been resumed.

Agree something feels a bit weird. Are the 60’s the new 80’s? Or it could be the whole rock and roll lifestyle coming back to bite some of these guys on the ■■■■. Makes my own mortality feel a bit more pensive right now. RIP. l did see The Eagles and managed to record them at Festival Hall on their first tour, in 1975 IIRC. Great band, great concert. l always got the impression that Glen Frey saw himself as the leader of the band, but l have nothing to support this theory. Thailand turned me off the Eagles. There every cover band is expected to play the dreaded Hotel California. They even hold Hotel California cover version competitions. A whole night ruined listening to umpteen versions of one song. Thanks, but no thanks. Give me Desperado anyway.

My favorite Glen Frey song was not one he did with the Eagles, nor his Boys of Summer solo stuff. Mine is the mighty Smuggler’s Blues, from the Miami Vice soundtrack. A song he wrote for the show, and gosh it is good.

Bugger. :frowning:

My favorite Glen Frey song was not one he did with the Eagles, nor his Boys of Summer solo stuff. Mine is the mighty Smuggler's Blues, from the Miami Vice soundtrack. A song he wrote for the show, and gosh it is good.

Don Henley did Boys of Summer, Frey did The Heat is On from Beverley Hills Cop

RIP to another great artist/guitarist

People die everyday. Sometimes they’re famous, sometimes they’re not. The fact that various musicians have died recently is coincidental.

Agree something feels a bit weird. Are the 60's the new 80's? Or it could be the whole rock and roll lifestyle coming back to bite some of these guys on the ■■■■.
Or it could be you guys (and those guys) are old!

You don’t see me moping around because my favourite Doctor Who died when I was two years old, and the rest of that history is steadily being whittled away. Vale Robert Banks Stewart.

There’s one mother of a jam session happening in heaven atm … or hell??

Vale Glenn, though I felt he fell victim to his ego for a while there, he was one hell of a songwriter. One of the best of his generation.

RIP :frowning:

Co-writer of some of the greatest songs from the 70s if not all time.

Sure, he had an ego but all the best ones do.

RIP

Agree something feels a bit weird. Are the 60's the new 80's? Or it could be the whole rock and roll lifestyle coming back to bite some of these guys on the ■■■■.
Or it could be you guys (and those guys) are old!

You don’t see me moping around because my favourite Doctor Who died when I was two years old, and the rest of that history is steadily being whittled away. Vale Robert Banks Stewart.

Bowie, Lemmy and Frey were in their 60’s, which isn’t that old. As for your fave Dr. Who dying when you were 2, is that old enough to even understand what he was saying? That is a long time to grieve man, let ti go, you will feel better for it, once the VFL starts up again.
Co-writer of some of the greatest songs from the 70s if not all time.

Sure, he had an ego but all the best ones do.

RIP

How’s the story of him telling a drug dealer in a Corvette to slow down, the dealer turns to him and says…“life in the fast lane buddy”.

He was an incredible song writer, and talented musician.

Take it easy, DJR!

Hope my year gets better,hasn’t been a great start.

Very sad about this one.
67 years of age.
They only just completed a 2 year tour recently.

Co-wrote some of the great songs of that 70’s era.
It’s fair to say, if there was no Glenn Frey, the Eagles would never have been.

Will write more when I get home this evening.
Sad day for music !
:frowning:

Take it easy, DJR!

I think he’ll take it to the limit.

Take it easy, DJR!

I think he’ll take it to the limit.

I’d think he’s got a peaceful easy feeling