Vale Ron Kirwan - Funeral on April 22 at 2 pm Flemington Racecourse

Ron Kirwan was a great man. He died on Friday at 74.

Loved Essendon with a passion and literally gave millions of dollars to the Club, past players and just about everyone who needed help.

Dressed like Elton John, drove flashy cars, had a house like a Roman Senator. His Corporate Boxes, Lunches, Dinners were legendary.

Started so many people in business, giving them opportunities to be successful.

Former number 1 ticket holder, and a great loss to our great Club.

Sounds like he was a real character.

RIP

Very sad.

Sad indeed. Larger than life character who lived and breathed Essendon.

Great man who loved trips to USA and a huge Elvis Presley fan.
Had many functions held at his home for players and officials.
Was described to me as a wheeler and dealer with a brilliant methods of coming up with ideas to raise funds for past players.
Nothing was too much trouble for this volunteer.
Owned cleaning business i am informed.

Wonderful & generous supporter of Club & players past & present.
Condolences to his family & friends.
One of a kind,
Will be missed.

A Celebration of Ron’s Life will be held at the Flemington Racecourse, Atrium Room on Friday Apr. 22, 2016 at 2.00 p. m. - See more at: http://tributes.heraldsun.com.au/notice/271792023#sthash.WJjpUwPY.dpuf

It is rumoured that the whole list including the 12 under suspension will be attending.

Yes the whole list attended and 12 were in attendence i am told .
His life began in Braybrook also lived at Bacchus Marsh at one stage and he was a very hard worker when he started out in business .
Ron went on many end of season player trips .
Lloydy and Ron Andrews and TD were 3 of the pallbearers today.
Sheeds spoke of the great support he had from Ron and attributed men of his stature is what makes Essendon a great club.
Ron had a love for cars and would often import one from the USA.
Ron had enormous passion for the Club .
He was pivotal in 34 people now owning thier own business.
He loved Vanders.

Today we said goodbye to a great Essendon man.
RIP Ron .

Yes the whole list attended and 12 were in attendence i am told . His life began in Braybrook also lived at Bacchus Marsh at one stage and he was a very hard worker when he started out in business . Ron went on many end of season player trips . Lloydy and Ron Andrews were 2 of the pallbearers today. Sheeds spoke of the great support he had from Ron and attributed men of his stature is what makes Essendon a great club. Ron had a love for cars and would often import one from the USA. Ron had enormous passion for the Club . He was pivotal in 34 people now owning thier own business. He loved Vanders.

RIP Ron .

It still rankles that Ronny Andrews wasn’t picked for the '83 granny, he would have gone down swinging, I’m sure.

Yes the whole list attended and 12 were in attendence i am told . His life began in Braybrook also lived at Bacchus Marsh at one stage and he was a very hard worker when he started out in business . Ron went on many end of season player trips . Lloydy and Ron Andrews were 2 of the pallbearers today. Sheeds spoke of the great support he had from Ron and attributed men of his stature is what makes Essendon a great club. Ron had a love for cars and would often import one from the USA. Ron had enormous passion for the Club . He was pivotal in 34 people now owning thier own business. He loved Vanders.

RIP Ron .

He was a great man.

Lived here in the Marsh for many years, helped so many people get back on track or a start in their lives.

Have close Mates who went on trips to USA with him buying cars, impersonating Elvis and creating havoc in Las Vegas. Hearing all the stories again is wonderful and sad.

Players loved him for his passion, generous heart and the great fun he was to be around. He can never be replaced or forgotten, and while he was a real showman, I remember how humble and excited he was at being Number 1 ticket holder