Vax on? Vax off?

In 50 years, it’ll be people going “HIV/Malaria/TB wasn’t that bad, look, the death rate dropped off well before the vaccine(s)*!”.

*Yes, TB already has a vaccine, but a far better one is in developmental stages I believe.

What’s hard to comprehend is that the alternative to not vaccinating is so clearly bad.
Sure all drugs will have potential side-effects, but in this case the diseases these vaccines are protecting against are far far far far worse than any potential negative effects from the cure.
On any risk -reward matrix you cannot think going un-vaccinated is the better choice for you or your children.

It’s a very strange mindset.

1 Like

There’s a reason infant mortality and/or lifelong side effects was horrendously high.

Anyone who doubts the efficacy of mass vaccination programs need look no further than smallpox.

Absolute bunch of brain dead, illogical, antiscience fwits are the antivaxers. They make my blood boil far more than most, simply because the alternative is so easy to learn (if you have forgotten).

2 Likes

Just need to look at menigicocal
it can be vaccinated against now.
if your kid got it, it is a preventable disease.
especially when govt offers free vaccinations.

And cant blame boat people etc.
As they are given every vaccination under the sun when they come in, if go through via correct channels.

Menningococcal is complex, and while the protection offered is far better, I would not be surprised to see sporadic, small outbreaks from time to time even with the vaccine.

It’s so risky as a parent these days. Me, I only let my kids play with autistic kids. At least that way I know they have been vaccinated.

10 Likes

People who claim there’s no need to vaccinate because you don’t see many cases of these diseases are the same kind of dolts who say we don’t need unions because they’ve never had to work for starvation wages.

4 Likes